Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Voicemail service not available

Teacher

Voicemail service not available

Phone:  HTC A9

When accessing voicemail I get the "Service Not Available" message.  It has been this way for the last 5 days ...

This is the first time this has happened in the last 4 years.

Thank you ...

Message 13 of 638

Re: Voicemail service not available

I checked back with my partner with the East Tennessee (865) number, and his VM came back on 10/16, and is still working as of today.

Message 406 of 638
Contributor

Did this and still have the problem - Good Luck Everyone!

Message 407 of 638
Contributor

When will voicemail come back online?

Will we have all of our messages?

Can people still leave voicemail on my phone?

Message 408 of 638
Contributor

Voicemail not working

1st off there is seriously no email address listed to email my problem to since the chat feature is stupid and doesn't help at all?

2nd my voicemail icon is showing and every time I dial voicemail, I get "the service is not working, goodbye". Get this fixed ASAP, or let me have the power to turn off my notifications for voicemail. I hate seeing the icon especially if I can't do anything about it.

Message 409 of 638
Contributor

AT&T does not care!

They have no care in the world that you pay for a service and they fail to provide it. You can file all the FCC complaints you want. You can call them as often as you want.

They don't care because there is absolutely no consequences to them. The AT&T corporate members will still get their voice mails and seven figure bonus checks for providing less services to you. You will still keep paying them.

If their inaction isn't proof enough they don't care, then you will never understand.

Message 410 of 638
Contributor

What is the status of the voicemail issue?  Tried to contact someone to set up new mailbox but never connected.  Please respond. Thanks

Message 411 of 638
Contributor

I'm in Colorado on a Samsung J7 experiencing this same problem...it looks like AT&T keeps claiming the problem is region-specific when it's obviously nation-wide and has been going on for weeks with no resolution or update and a half-hearted apology. 

Message 412 of 638
Contributor

This is unacceptable and ATT should credit our accounts $50 for each line. 

Message 413 of 638
Contributor

Same issue. Located in AZ. Samsuns s8. 

Message 414 of 638
Tutor

Re: Visual Voice Mail unavailable

Hey folks, hope all is well, I ran into a problem. I have been running 13.1.2 on my iPhone 7plus and noticed today my visual voicemails are gone. When I tap my voicemail tab, just a blank screen that says call voicemail. Called up ATT and were able to reset my password for my voicemail (because I never set up a password for my voicemail when I went to ATT a few months ago) but the visual voice mail is not back, meaning all my visual voicemails are gone. They upgraded my work ticket to urgent which they said would take up to 48 hours. I was able to retrieve three new voicemails I got the past couple of days, but none of my saved voicemails were there. So I'm assuming my visual voicemails were stored on my iPhone not with ATT. Also I do not get a red dot when I get a voicemail anymore. Has anyone else had this problem with ATT or is this an IOS/Iphone problem?

Message 415 of 638
Teacher

Mine came back on-line on Thursday (I'm in NC).  Checked again this AM and it is still working. I downloaded YouMail voicemail app and am just going to stay with it; it has some nice features and it actually works as advertised. Good luck to everyone still waiting on AT&T!

Message 416 of 638
Teacher

I filed a complaint.  My vm started worked the next week. The Office of the President of AT&T contacted me and they took care of my bill.  

Message 417 of 638

Been without my VM for a few days now. This is completely unacceptable. After 20+ years, maybe its time to switch carriers. Both my husband and myself receive work calls on our phones and not being able to access VM is not good for business.

Message 418 of 638
Contributor

I am still having the voicemail servuce not available problem. When will this be fixed?

Message 419 of 638
Contributor

I am still getting the voicemail service not available error. When will this be fixed?

Message 420 of 638
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support