Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Voicemail service not available

Teacher

Voicemail service not available

Phone:  HTC A9

When accessing voicemail I get the "Service Not Available" message.  It has been this way for the last 5 days ...

This is the first time this has happened in the last 4 years.

Thank you ...

Message 13 of 638
Teacher

Re: Voicemail service not available

Tim,

Like many others, I have had this problem for several days. This is issue had not been resolved it solved, so marking this as solved is plain wrong. It's also highly inappropriate that you have multiple customers contacting your "customer service" department and getting the responses we are getting. If you don't know what the issue is, don't go around telling us random things. Voicemail is a crucial function on most people's devices. Having it down for weeks is unacceptable. Fix this or you will be losing another customer. The only way I'll be sticking around is if there is a public announcement, some form of reimbursement (more than $20-$25), and a resolution before the weekend. I will be calling daily, and switching services over the weekend if not resolved. 

Message 136 of 638
Teacher

Still no VM and really no answer. I have been without VM since September 30. 

Message 137 of 638
Mentor

WELL WRITTEN MARK COOK

Message 138 of 638
Mentor

have gotton more answers from this 'thread' than from anywhere else........good, but sad.......after a lot of my time wasted trying to chase down ATT and trying to get problem fixed (did not know was a 'vendor server' issue), finally got online service tech chat to learn that there was an 'outage' in area and problem should be fixed in 1/2 to 1 day......that was 2 days ago.......still no direct notification at all from ATT........if not fixed or notified with updates very soon, will probably have to switch carriers--been with ATT since they ate Bell South.....sad

Message 139 of 638

Re: Voicemail Service Not Available.

I called ATT and I was told it was a known issue and caused by a vendor voicemail service. I was polite and courteous on the phone as it's obviously not her fault it isn't working and if it truly is a vendor issue ATT's hands are tied until the third party vendor fixes it. Regardless, it is simply unacceptable to have voicemail down for 2 weeks (and counting). I'm glad some people here are willing to "speak with their wallet" and change providers. To the fellow who said the grass is never greener on the other side - you've clearly never been in many relationships and sound like someone who is content to settle for anything. Forgive us others who expect a certain level of quality in our relationships business and otherwise. We as customers need to speak with our wallets and reward/punish companies appropriately for their service (or lack thereof).

If it truly is a vendor issue it sounds like it's time to revisit your contract negotiations ATT. I'm a software developer and if I let my services be down for weeks I'd be fired. Time to switch vendors before you lose more customer base. 

Message 140 of 638

Re: Voicemail Service Not Available

I called ATT and I was told it was a known issue and caused by a vendor voicemail service. I was polite and courteous on the phone as it's obviously not her fault it isn't working and if it truly is a vendor issue ATT's hands are tied until the third party vendor fixes it. Regardless, it is simply unacceptable to have voicemail down for 2 weeks (and counting). I'm glad some people here are willing to "speak with their wallet" and change providers. To the fellow(from the other thread on this issue) who said the grass is never greener on the other side - you've clearly never been in many relationships and sound like someone who is content to settle for anything. Forgive us others who expect a certain level of quality in our relationships business and otherwise. We as customers need to speak with our wallets and reward/punish companies appropriately for their service (or lack thereof).

If it truly is a vendor issue it sounds like it's time to revisit your contract negotiations ATT. I'm a software developer and if I let my services be down for weeks I'd be fired. Time to switch vendors before you lose more customer base. 

Message 141 of 638
Teacher

Yeah, the customer service is horrible. At least admit the issue so expectations are set. First and second level support essential Google solutions and a couple people even transferred me to Uverse support ....WOW. One lady was joking with a colleague and eating while on the phone with me and she transferred me without even warning me first. 

I'm out of town and have multiple sick family members however I cant  check my VM to see if I need to rush back. We should be compensated or we should leave. This includes my 4 lines, DirecTV plan, and fiber. 

Message 142 of 638
Tutor

Re: Voicemail Service Not Available.

TheRealRussell,

I'm going to keep this as real as you are.  I understand your stance regarding the comment I made previously, "the grass is never greener on the other side."  As a business owner - I can promise you that it isn't.  I've had relationships with Sprint, Verizon and AT&T.  I've been with AT&T for 10 years now and have had the best coverage (I travel quite a bit), plan, price and customer service experience compared to past experiences from the others mentioned.  The "grass is never greener" and never will be.  As a company (AT&T) or any networking business there are always challenges.  There are days when networks are not going to communicate and these need to be addressed and fixed.  I understand as a consumer we want these fixed NOW.  This is the mentality we all seem to have.  "If I don't get my way NOW - then I will leave."  Well - instead of telling people what you plan to do - leave. In order for AT&T to have an impact to their bottom line (customer base) (also regarding your wallet comment), 5-10% of this base would need to jump ship (leave the company).  Guess what - this isn't affecting 5-10% of their customer base.  It may be affecting .5%.  From my understanding it's only affecting 3-4 states and it isn't the majority of paying customers who are affected.  It seems to be more android related users than IOS and some customers in these areas aren't having issues.  

Now - I probably have in the course of 8 days being without VM - maybe 35-40 messages that I can't listen to.  I take the time to go through my phone and call back every missed call and explain to the person why I can't check my voicemail.  Instead of crying about something YOU or I have ZERO control over - I have figured out a solution to get me by until it is fixed.  But, hey - go ahead and complain, moan and groan about what you can't do and go somewhere else.  One day you will moan and groan with the other guys and it's a never ending cycle.  Not one business is perfect and never will be.  Instead of moaning and groaning, come up with a solution that fits you today and works tomorrow.  Trust me - the last thing any company WANTS is to upset the apple cart.  This is only my opinion and thoughts.  Thank you for sharing yours.  Enjoy the rest of your week and I hope we have voicemail soon as well. 🙂

Message 143 of 638
Tutor

Re: Voice mail Service Unavailable

Hi Sean,

My device is Huawei Ascend XT2 (H1711).  I am just trying to access Basic Voicemail.  My problem is exactly as the one listed in this thread.  When accessing voicemail I get the "Service Not Available" message. 

https://forums.att.com/t5/Android/Voicemail-service-not-available/td-p/6017031

Thank you.

Message 144 of 638
Teacher

Yeah, the customer service is horrible. At least admit the issue so expectations are set. First and second level support essential Google solutions and a couple people even transferred me to Uverse support ....WOW. One lady was joking with a colleague and eating while on the phone with me and she transferred me without even warning me first. 

I'm out of town and have multiple sick family members however I cant  check my VM to see if I need to rush back. We should be compensated or we should leave. This includes my 4 lines, DirecTV plan, and fiber. 

Message 145 of 638
Tutor

same issue with me - been a customer for 22 years!  haven't been able to access my voicemail for 2 weeks - affecting work and even voicemail stating my sister was rushed to the hospital !  SO frustrated!!!!!!  I'm assuming AT&T doesn't have qualified engineers working to resolve this for everyone?  How on earth is it possible this can not be resolved??!?!!

Message 146 of 638
Tutor

Re: Voicemail Service Not Available

Good response TheRealRussell.

Message 147 of 638
Teacher

I filed a complaint with the FCC. Maybe that will light a fire under AT&T. I've gotten quick responses about other issues using the FCC complaint web site.

Message 148 of 638
Mentor

maybe they got hacked and don't want to make it public......yikes!?!?!?!?

Message 149 of 638
Mentor

or maybe it has been so long since they updated system they can't figure out how to fix

or maybe they are trying to see how long they can keep everyone on the edge

or maybe they are trying to lower their stock price

or maybe they are trying to open the gate to the upside down and need more power

Message 150 of 638
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support