The Samsung Galaxy S24
nuvision1001's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 1st, 2019 12:15 PM

Voicemail service not available

Phone:  HTC A9

When accessing voicemail I get the "Service Not Available" message.  It has been this way for the last 5 days ...

This is the first time this has happened in the last 4 years.

Thank you ...

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

Yeah, the customer service is horrible. At least admit the issue so expectations are set. First and second level support essential Google solutions and a couple people even transferred me to Uverse support ....WOW. One lady was joking with a colleague and eating while on the phone with me and she transferred me without even warning me first. 

I'm out of town and have multiple sick family members however I cant  check my VM to see if I need to rush back. We should be compensated or we should leave. This includes my 4 lines, DirecTV plan, and fiber. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

TheRealRussell,

I'm going to keep this as real as you are.  I understand your stance regarding the comment I made previously, "the grass is never greener on the other side."  As a business owner - I can promise you that it isn't.  I've had relationships with Sprint, Verizon and AT&T.  I've been with AT&T for 10 years now and have had the best coverage (I travel quite a bit), plan, price and customer service experience compared to past experiences from the others mentioned.  The "grass is never greener" and never will be.  As a company (AT&T) or any networking business there are always challenges.  There are days when networks are not going to communicate and these need to be addressed and fixed.  I understand as a consumer we want these fixed NOW.  This is the mentality we all seem to have.  "If I don't get my way NOW - then I will leave."  Well - instead of telling people what you plan to do - leave. In order for AT&T to have an impact to their bottom line (customer base) (also regarding your wallet comment), 5-10% of this base would need to jump ship (leave the company).  Guess what - this isn't affecting 5-10% of their customer base.  It may be affecting .5%.  From my understanding it's only affecting 3-4 states and it isn't the majority of paying customers who are affected.  It seems to be more android related users than IOS and some customers in these areas aren't having issues.  

Now - I probably have in the course of 8 days being without VM - maybe 35-40 messages that I can't listen to.  I take the time to go through my phone and call back every missed call and explain to the person why I can't check my voicemail.  Instead of crying about something YOU or I have ZERO control over - I have figured out a solution to get me by until it is fixed.  But, hey - go ahead and complain, moan and groan about what you can't do and go somewhere else.  One day you will moan and groan with the other guys and it's a never ending cycle.  Not one business is perfect and never will be.  Instead of moaning and groaning, come up with a solution that fits you today and works tomorrow.  Trust me - the last thing any company WANTS is to upset the apple cart.  This is only my opinion and thoughts.  Thank you for sharing yours.  Enjoy the rest of your week and I hope we have voicemail soon as well. 🙂

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Hi Sean,

My device is Huawei Ascend XT2 (H1711).  I am just trying to access Basic Voicemail.  My problem is exactly as the one listed in this thread.  When accessing voicemail I get the "Service Not Available" message. 

https://forums.att.com/t5/Android/Voicemail-service-not-available/td-p/6017031

Thank you.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

Yeah, the customer service is horrible. At least admit the issue so expectations are set. First and second level support essential Google solutions and a couple people even transferred me to Uverse support ....WOW. One lady was joking with a colleague and eating while on the phone with me and she transferred me without even warning me first. 

I'm out of town and have multiple sick family members however I cant  check my VM to see if I need to rush back. We should be compensated or we should leave. This includes my 4 lines, DirecTV plan, and fiber. 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

same issue with me - been a customer for 22 years!  haven't been able to access my voicemail for 2 weeks - affecting work and even voicemail stating my sister was rushed to the hospital !  SO frustrated!!!!!!  I'm assuming AT&T doesn't have qualified engineers working to resolve this for everyone?  How on earth is it possible this can not be resolved??!?!!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Good response TheRealRussell.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I filed a complaint with the FCC. Maybe that will light a fire under AT&T. I've gotten quick responses about other issues using the FCC complaint web site.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

5 years ago

maybe they got hacked and don't want to make it public......yikes!?!?!?!?

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

5 years ago

or maybe it has been so long since they updated system they can't figure out how to fix

or maybe they are trying to see how long they can keep everyone on the edge

or maybe they are trying to lower their stock price

or maybe they are trying to open the gate to the upside down and need more power

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

It's been 10 days or more.  Does the vendor not have an ETA by now when we will be able to check our voicemail again and get the notification off my phone?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.