Vivid does not recognize a headphone is connected

Contributor

Vivid does not recognize a headphone is connected

Intermittent when I connect headphones onto the phone it is not recognized.  The only way I was able to get it to be recognized I had to go a Restart. After the restart I can  use the headphones. Is there a problem with the system that it will not recognize the headphone every time?

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Vivid does not recognize a headphone is connected

We have 3 HTC Vivids in our house and all have very finicky headphone jacks. The headphone plug must be inserted at a very specific depth just short of full in. If it is all the way in, the phone recognizes the headphone is attached but there is no sound from the headphones. I have to ease out the jack slightly and sometimes rotate it to get sound from the headphones, and it is a very delicate connection. Any jostling at all and it disconnects. It seems like a mechanical problem, either a bad design or a quality control problem. This happens fro all my headphones and connector cables. I am taking it back to the AT&T store for a diagnosis. It is very frustrating.

Does anyone else have this problem? Please speak up!

Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Vivid does not recognize a headphone is connected

Same problem here. ATT "customer service" called HTC while I was on hold. HTC's fix is, "restart the phone". Really?! So yes, every time I want to listen to music or go hands free, I need to plan 5 minutes to let the phone update and restart every application on the phone. I also need to do this if I want to connect to my PC.

I think a true fix would be to replace the phone with a model that worked. HTC "Quietly Brilliant", didn't think that meant you couldn't hear it.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support