For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Lea_L.'s profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, May 3rd, 2019 6:44 PM

Use existing sim card in new unlocked phone

I recently purchased a new unlocked phone that is compatible with ATT; however, I don't know how to activate the phone after inserting the sim card (att). Do I need to deactivate the old phone before I can reactivate the number using my new phone? Seemed so simple, but it is turning into a nightmare. Thanks for any assistance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

You don’t need to activate anything.  Just swap the SIM card and set up the new phone.  Often there is a mobile to mobile transfer option as soon as you turn the new phone on.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

5 years ago

Typically if the SIM card form factor is the same all you have to do is move it from the old phone into the new one, no activation necessary. If the SIM card is of different size, it's best to visit a corporate AT&T store and exchange it for the correct size one. They'll activate it for you at the store then.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Can I use my att sim card in my Verizon moto e6 phone 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I'd like to know how i can get an iPhone 12 for $0. This is what is advertised on the AT&T we(Edited per community guidelines)ite. "Learn how new and existing customers can get iPhone 12 for $0". AT&T-Stop the advertising (Edited per community guidelines) and disinformation.
&n(Edited per community guidelines)p;
Shop now

(edited)

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hello,

I have been an AT&T customer for many years.  I do NOT want a smart phone; I've been using a Kyocera DuraXE E4710 flip phone for several years on the AT&T network, no problems.  It is wearing out, and I bought a KYOCERA KYF33 TORQUE X01 on ebay. This is the phone I want, but it was designed for the Japanese market.  The AT&T store here in town took the sim card out of my old phone and put it in the KYF33 and their little machine said it won't work.  The seller sent me instructions on how to set up a NEW access point number in the phone.  I did that but I can't save it, and it still won't work on the AT&T network.  Anyone know what I might be missing??  HELP!!  Steve.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

3 years ago

@sreddin2 

sorry but you cannot use a phone that was made for the Japanese market. You need to use a phone that is made for the United States market and that will work on AT&T. If you don’t use a phone that is sold by AT&T you are very limited to what phones you can purchase that have all the correct bands and will work with voice over LTE.  
Looking up the KYOCERA KYF33 TORQUE , it lacks the primary 700 bands for AT&T LTE, (and is also an older phone)

to bring an unlocked phone to AT&T needs to be one off of this list:

https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/consumer/help/pdf/Service-Capabilities-Unlocked-Devices-ATT-Network.pdf

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

be aware not just swap any sim card will fit, especially from old to new, nano, micro, etc. Either go to AT&T store, or Amazon (etc.) to order a compatible one ($5 to $50).

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

3 years ago

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.