The Samsung Galaxy S24
Buddy76's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 25th, 2017 12:23 AM

Upgrade

I had a note 7 & bcuz of the recall I had to switch to a galaxy s7. Now I want to upgrade to note 8 but it's telling me have pay out over $400 for early upgrade. Y should i have to pay if was forced to downgrade bcuz of the recall?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

This was Samsung's mess.  No carrier is willing to bend over for them.  You have to pay off the phone if you want to take advantage of the trade in offer from Samsung

https://www.cnet.com/news/galaxy-note-8-samsung-discount-trade-in/

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I agree it's samsungs fault... People that are getting screwed over by them who had the note 7 and twice recall should work with carriers to help them get the discount as well regardless if you haven't fully paid your current phone

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

Somehow everyone wants the new Samsung phone and even though it's Samsung's mess, people want another Samsung!  

And on top of that they want to blame AT&T?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L wrote:

Somehow everyone wants the new Samsung phone and even though it's Samsung's mess, people want another Samsung!  

And on top of that they want to blame AT&T?

@Gary L

yelp....  just think if apple had to recall a phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Buddy76 wrote:
I had a note 7 & bcuz of the recall I had to switch to a galaxy s7. Now I want to upgrade to note 8 but it's telling me have pay out over $400 for early upgrade. Y should i have to pay if was forced to downgrade bcuz of the recall?

Isn't Samsung offering $425 off to folks who bought the note 7?

https://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy-note-7-owners-will-get-discount-note-8

You'd have to pay off your phone and give it to Samsung, but they're going to give you $425 off. Seems like that $425 would cover half the phone...

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L wrote:

@Buddy76 wrote:

Isn't Samsung offering $425 off to folks who bought the note 7?

https://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy-note-7-owners-will-get-discount-note-8

You'd have to pay off your phone and give it to Samsung, but they're going to give you $425 off. Seems like that $425 would cover half the phone...

Yes but most folks went with the 30 month next plan so they still owe a ton on there phones.  Why people didnt do the next every year plan is beyond me.  Yeah they would not get the note 8 when its released but they would get it in a few months. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

GLIMMERMAN76 wrote: 
Yes but most folks went with the 30 month next plan so they still owe a ton on there phones.  Why people didnt do the next every year plan is beyond me.  Yeah they would not get the note 8 when its released but they would get it in a few months. 

Ugh! 

I think companies should go to an 18 month cycle. Get a lot more diehard's who will jump in every 18 months. Put everyone else on 3 year plans to reduce the costs and pretty much ensure they'll upgrade (since most won't wait 4.5 years, right?). Plus it'd give the companies a little more time to develop new models (but add new colors after 9 months).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.