Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Updating problem

Contributor

Updating problem

Well i have a serious problem with updating my At&t Samsung s4 device the problem is that i'm outside the US and everytime i checking for updates it says (no update available for your device please try again after 24 hours) i check after 24 hours and nothing change i have this problem since like 2 years,,, do i really have to be in the US to be able to update the device!!
Please if there's any idea can help me with that i'll be appreciate it,,, Thanks..
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Sage

Carrier branded devices must be using that carriers SIM card and using that network.

We don't advise non US customers buy ATT devices for use outside the country.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Thanks for the replay so if i am outside the US i can't update the device and there's no other way?!
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by ali994
‎03-14-2016 9:30 AM

@ali994 wrote:
Thanks for the replay so if i am outside the US i can't update the device and there's no other way?!

There is no other way.  Your device is running an operating system customized for AT&T; therefore, it cannot be updated with another carrier's software, only AT&T updates will work.  The only way your phone can receive an update from AT&T is over the air from the AT&T network.  In order to connect to the AT&T network, the phone must physically be in the United States and be using an AT&T sim card. 

Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support