Updating Capitvate to Android 2.2

Tutor

Updating Capitvate to Android 2.2

I've read of a good number of folks that had issues/problems upgrading. AT&T sent me the link below for instructions on upgrading.

This is a whole bunch of hoops to jump through, not even knowing if it will turn out ok or you'll have a good 'paper weight' afterwards. Does anyone have an idea of the percentages of failure? I sure don't want to be without a phone.

I'm not sure I understand why this could not be simpler. I mean...holding the volume up and volume down keys while inserting the USB, taking out the battery? That's a bunch of hoops.

It would be nice if there was an 'app' which upgraded you. My MacBook updates without me having to hold special buttons or taking out a battery.

http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/faqs/faqs_view_us.jsp?SITE_ID=22&PG_ID=2&PROD_SUB_ID=557&PRO...

Message 1 of 4
Teacher

Re: Updating Capitvate to Android 2.2

When I did the update, it went very well. I did it on an WinXP PC. In a nutshell, I downloaded and installed Kies Mini. then after starting the program, I turned on USB debugging on my phone, then plugged it into USB. Then Kies found the phone and I clicked on the update button. Now, you have to be patient. It took about 20-25 minutes total for my update to install and complete on my phone.

Message 2 of 4
Tutor

Thanks for the info.

Did you do the step three stuff (holding the volume up/down button in and taking the battery out etc)?

Message 3 of 4
Teacher

Actually, I didn't do step 3. It looks like that step is for the computer to recognize and then install some additional drivers. I didn't run into any problems, but now that I think of it, I may have done the "driver" step at an earlier time for some stuff I was doing while "experimenting" with other options on my phone.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support