For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
jjcbball's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, March 16th, 2017 1:43 PM

Unlocking Phones

I will be travelling overseas and have made several attemps to unlock my two phones, LG G3 IMEI:[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.] and Nokia 1520 IMEI: 358341050405444.  The last attempt I was referred to the maunfacturer who in turn states that only the carrier can provide unlock phone.  I do not understand why you cannot provide code since I do in fact own both phones which have been on my account for over two years.  I have been an AT&T customer for over 15 years, and if I cannot find resolution I will need to go with another carrier in order to obtain phone that will work overseas.  Please advise if you in fact you will not unlock these phones.

Thank you

John

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

@jjcbball wrote:

I will be travelling overseas and have made several attemps to unlock my two phones, LG G3 IMEI: 014065000924404 and Nokia 1520 IMEI: 358341050405444.  The last attempt I was referred to the maunfacturer who in turn states that only the carrier can provide unlock phone.  I do not understand why you cannot provide code since I do in fact own both phones which have been on my account for over two years.  I have been an AT&T customer for over 15 years, and if I cannot find resolution I will need to go with another carrier in order to obtain phone that will work overseas.  Please advise if you in fact you will not unlock these phones.

Thank you

John

A little more information will be helpful. 

1. Have you completed the online request:https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/request/#/unlockstep1 (I'm assuming you have)

2. Have you received a response?

3. If so, what was it.?

4. Have you checked your status here: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/request/#/status

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, have made several attempts online. The message I received was "info provided does not match info on account. I have contacted tech support again and they have opened case numbers, with promise to resolve by 3/20.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.