The Samsung Galaxy S24
hpd777's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Saturday, November 10th, 2012 12:12 AM

Unlocked white version great customer service!!

I just order my unlocked version note 2 in white even with some credit on my account for the problems I had on my other order.I don't want to be on any contract could i use it on sprints or t-mobile network? I don't think I can.use it on Verizon's but I could be wrong. Why do people say ATt has bad customer service? I had nothing but positive results maybe because my company has a business account? Anyway thanks again ATT

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

I copied this from the Wireless Service Agreement and put the link to the full agreement below:

If you bought a phone from AT&T, your phone may have been programmed with a SIM lock which will prevent the phone from operating with other compatible wireless telephone carriers' services. If you wish to use the SIM-locked phone with the service of another wireless telephone carrier, you must enter a numeric Unlock Code to unlock the phone. AT&T will provide the Unlock Code upon request to eligible current and former customers, provided that (1) the customer has completed a minimum of 90 days of active service with AT&T, is in good standing with AT&T and is current in his or her payments at the time of the request; (2) if applicable, any period of exclusivity associated with AT&T's sale of the handset has expired; and (3) AT&T has such code or can reasonably obtain it from the manufacturer. For phones sold with a Prepaid Plan, AT&T will provide the Unlock Code upon request to eligible current and former customers who provide a detailed receipt or other proof of purchase of the phone. iPhone and certain other devices are not eligible to be unlocked. For further details on eligibility requirements and for assistance on obtaining the Unlock Code for your handset, please call 1-800-331-0500 or visit an AT&T company store.

http://www.att.com/equipment/legal/service-agreement.jsp?q_termsKey=postpaidServiceAgreement&q_termsName=Service+Agreement

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

@hpd777 wrote:
I just order my unlocked version note 2 in white even with some credit on my account for the problems I had on my other order.I don't want to be on any contract could i use it on sprints or t-mobile network? I don't think I can.use it on Verizon's but I could be wrong. Why do people say ATt has bad customer service? I had nothing but positive results maybe because my company has a business account? Anyway thanks again ATT

I doubt that the phone is already unlocked, as AT&T doesn't sell unlocked phones.  They may give you the unlock code once you get the phone, if you meet the qualifications for getting an unlock code.

The phone won't work on Verizon Wireless or Sprint because they are CDMA carriers.  The phone will work on T-Mobile, though depending on where you live, you may only have access to the EDGE network (2G).

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

11 years ago

Oh okay then as far as ATT  quailfications do you have any idea what they are?

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you very much I hopefully they can do for me national business customer service over give a call when I receive the phone & help me activate & unlock process hope they keep their word . I have 4 lines & been with ATT for quite few years. i had very good customer service when I had issues so I am crossing my fingers that it continues.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.