Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Unlocked LG G Pad 7.0 Lte

Contributor

Unlocked LG G Pad 7.0 Lte and OTA Update

I have the LG Pad lte but i'm using it with wifi only. I'm trying to update the software but I get a message indicating the software is up to date however I know its not because its still running kit kat 4.4.2. Do I need to have the tablet activated in AT&T in order to get the update?

Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by alimarie84
‎11-27-2015 9:41 AM

Correct. The device needs to be active on the AT&T network in order to receive an over the air update.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Thanks for your help.
Message 3 of 5
Tutor

I have an LG G Pad 7.0 LTE and it cannot find the lollipop update. It has been on the AT&T network since it was purchased. I believe it to do with the fact that when you look up the IMEI number in the settings, the IMEI number shows a 0. I've tried a factory reset, tried to force an update over WI-FI, tried to force an update over the cellular data network, and even got a new SIM card. I've talked to several people about it, and no one has come up with a solution for it. Someone please help.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

me too i have a active sim but it still wont update

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support