The Samsung Galaxy S24
dogan's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, March 10th, 2013 1:32 AM

Unlocked International HTC One 4G/LTE Compatibility on AT&T

I am pretty sure that I know the answer to this question but still wanted to double check with fellow at&t subscribers here.

Will the International Unlocked HTC One be compatible with at&t's 4G/LTE speeds?

On eBay listings, they have this information below which makes me think it won't work with at&t's 4G/LTE 

4G LTE : 800/1800/2600 MHz 
3G  850/900/1900/2100 MHz

Any thoughts?

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

As far as I know, AT&T only uses LTE on the 700 MHz (Band 17) and 1700/2100 MHz (Band 4) frequencies.  That phone doesn't have either of the bands so it won't work on AT&T's LTE service.

Former Moderator

• 

106 Messages

11 years ago

Hi dogan,

Thank you for your post. We can't guarantee AT&T Services will work on an unlocked device.  Sorry we couldn't help you. 

Scholar

• 

312 Messages

11 years ago

@dogan wrote:

I am pretty sure that I know the answer to this question but still wanted to double check with fellow at&t subscribers here.

Will the International Unlocked HTC One be compatible with at&t's 4G/LTE speeds?

On eBay listings, they have this information below which makes me think it won't work with at&t's 4G/LTE 

4G LTE : 800/1800/2600 MHz 
3G  850/900/1900/2100 MHz

Any thoughts?

LTE may not work on that device using AT&T's network. On HTC's site it says this for the branded AT&T device:

GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

LTE: US (AT&T): 700/850/AWS/1900 MHz 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

It has been confirmed by many sources that the international unlcked version works on at&t's HSPA network but it will not work on the LTE.

Scholar

• 

312 Messages

11 years ago

@dogan wrote:

It has been confirmed by many sources that the international unlcked version works on at&t's HSPA network but it will not work on the LTE.

I agree. It appears thst the LTE bands supported differ with AT&T's operational LTE spectrum.

Scholar

• 

136 Messages

11 years ago

Will AT&T even give you LTE access on an unlocked device!?

I bought a Sony Xperia ZL some 3 weeks ago, the verision with AT&T compatible LTE bands (C6506).  I called to have my data plan upgrade to 4G - which they did.   However, I still could not use the "pta" Access Point Name, and the default ones (both "phone" and "wap.cingular") of course gave me only HSPA+.

I called again, and the customer service rep told me that they could not give LTE access to unlocked phones, only to AT&T branded ones!

What gives!?

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

http://shopamerica.htc.com/cell-phones/productdetail.htm?prId=41589
The unlocked version, not the international version, will work on AT&T's LTE network. They just need to update the IMEI to be able to provision the LTE data plan(not just 4G). You may need to set the PTA APN, and as long as you have the correct type of SIM, there's nothing preventing you from using the LTE network on a postpaid account. As far as your ZL goes, you'll have to ask an AT&T CSR to add your IMEI to the master list so the correct information can be sent to the phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

11 years ago

@It_1990 wrote:
Statement is typical response would you get from ATT. This is also their way to scare you to either purchase their carrier specific phone (with a contract) or discourage you out of owning one outright. Of course they would really give you any alternatives unless you do the research yourself and manage to speak with some in tech support.

Here's what HTC says:

Their SIM unlocked phone supports:

GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHZ

LTE: 700/850/AWS/1900 MHz (US)

It will not support the 1700 band (HSPA+ & LTE) mainly used on ATT's competitor's network (T-Mo).

I'm in the process of deciding on the HTC One myself.

The OP's phone will not work on AT&T LTE network if it is indeed International HTC One model ( GSM/EDGE & HSPA will work). The US unbranded model which you mention will work fine with one caveat: the account needs to be provisioned for LTE data and AT&T only does it with IMEIs from their own phone. So in order to get LTE on an unbranded phone  one has to have access to an AT&T LTE device's IMEI first.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I ended up buying the Developer version directly from htc which you all know is at&t lte compatible. Love the phone but it will scratch so easily I think, therefore I decided to go with the S4 and sell the HTC one. If anyone is interested, I have it on eBay under the username dodolom.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

of course. This is not an international version. This is the htc and at&t announced developer version.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.