The Samsung Galaxy S24
ashibar's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, April 23rd, 2013 3:16 PM

Unlock samsung Galaxy S4

Hi.

If I will buy the off contract samsung Galaxy S4 in your store , will you unlock the device ?

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

From my previous experience, when I have purchased a phone at full retail price I usually call customer care and request the unlock code. Sometimes they try to be difficult and tell me I have to fax in proof of purchase and other times they just email it to me. I have had problems with carrier-exclusive phones like the HTC One X, though.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you .

I dont live in the US. I just visit there. and I want to buy it there and use the phone in my country. so this is why I need to know if they can give me the unlock code when I buy the device in the store.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Stores don't give unlock codes.  At best, you will have to get it from customer service.  My recommendation is that if you want an unlocked device, buy an unlocked device.  The US isn't very accomodating to people who want to buy carrier-locked devices and get them unlocked.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

If you haven't already, I would buy the S4 international version instead of the US variant. It comes unlocked and with Samsung's Exyos Octa 8 core processor. 

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

11 years ago

Like the other poster said, you'd be getting a more powerful and better updated phone if you got the international version. Waiting for AT&T to update carrier branded phones is a fate I wouldn't put on my worst enemy. They are terrible.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Right, and no LTE.  Bad deal.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

Buy the unlocked Google edition s4 June 26th and it will support LTE

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

It won't have 32GB of base memory.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am writing from Turkey and I have an Samsung Galaxy S4 bought from Best Buy , is locked by AT&T. Since I live in Turkey, I do not have an AT&T account or AT&T wireless number.
I am willing to request an unlock code via Email. I have original receipt, if it is needed. I can send all details about receipt. How can i get the unlock code.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

At&T sucks. I purchased the phone at full price, but the phone is locked to att and i am not under contract. However, At&t would not give me the unlock code. Do not buy anything from att. they are cheaters.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.