Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Unlock Request Denied

Highlighted
Contributor

Unlock Request Denied

Respected Sir,

I bought a used Moto X - XT1058 in my country (Pakistan) about 2 months back.

The device was network locked. 

I'm a Non-AT&T Mobility Customer and outside US.

I requested unlock code but was denied because:

• Your device is currently active on another AT&T customer’s account.

I checked the device thoroughly and verified its IMEI etc to ensure it wasn't a stolen device. But I'm still not getting an Unlock code. 

How can I unlock it? Any help would be appreciated.

@ATTMobilityCare 

Thanks you.

Tags (3)
Message 1 of 23
ACE - Expert

Re: Unlock Request Denied

It could be a phone someone bought on contract and still has not finished there contract which means it cant be unlocked till the contract is done.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 23
Community Support

Hey there @shahidusmanm

I’m sorry to hear your unlock request was denied! To explain why this may have occurred, the original owner of this device may not have updated his or her line with details of their current device. Due to this, it would appear that the IMEI for which you requested is still in-use on their account, and it therefore would only be able to be approved for unlock if the request was made by the original owner.

To resolve this, I would recommend contacting the seller and asking them to contact us so we may update their account with their current device information, which would allow us to proceed with your unlock.

I hope this helps!

Charise

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 23
Teacher

Just bring your phone to a third party who can unlock it.  For a few dollars and a couple of days, it is worth the $ and wait.

Message 4 of 23
Contributor

Hi, I have the same problem, bought iphone 6, now moving overseas and my unlock request was denied becasue the phone is still under contract. Any solutions?

Message 5 of 23
Teacher

I had mine done by a third party. As soon as my contract with att expires, will move to another carrier.

Message 6 of 23
ACE - Expert

@titusm

you do realize that other carriers have the same rules for unlocking right?  Verizon is the only carrier that does not because there phones have to be unlocked because of 700c block rules.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 23
Teacher

What about TMobile's policy?

Message 8 of 23
ACE - Expert

pay full price and wait 40 days.  Buy it on there jump plan and wait till the device is payed for.

Capture.PNG

Message 9 of 23
ACE - Sage

@rgsamar

If you don't finish your contract or payoff the early termination fees, your phone will be blacklisted and won't be able to be activated on another carrier.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 10 of 23
Contributor

Unfortunately i have to move overseas and i bought the phones used. Any luck to unlock them by At&t? 

Message 11 of 23
ACE - Sage

Probably not.  Sell them on eBay and get unlocked replacements, international version would be best.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 12 of 23
Contributor

Hello All: My Unlock request got denied twice due to my prepaid go phone did not complete 6 months . I need to urgently leave country and get it unlocked  . I paid full price to AT&T for iphone 6s. Any suggestions to get it unlocked? I am ready to pay any penalty .

Message 13 of 23
ACE - Sage

Can't be done.    Sorry.  There isnt any option or penalty or fee that will fix this.  

Pick up an unlocked phone on eBay 

Message 14 of 23
Contributor

I have a Note 3 that I used for 2 years and when the contract was up, i moved on to a Note 4. I contacted AT&T to have my Note 3 unlocked and was Denied because it is on a line that was recently renewed.
So because I renewed my contract with a Note 4, they will no longer unlock my Note 3 that I have had for 3yrs?
Message 15 of 23
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support