The Samsung Galaxy S24
marcioefj's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 14th, 2015 5:31 PM

Unlock Galaxy S6 edge - IMEI not recognized

I have tried to unlock my phone (Galaxy S6 Edge) on the phone unlock website (bought full price from bestbuy, ATT logo and all that) but it emails me back saying that the phone is not an ATT phone.

I have called customer service and they opened a case for it. I received the exact same answer as the website and that is clearly not true.

Any suggestions on what to do?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

Why did you buy a device that was locked to a provider that you never intended to use? Wouldn't it have been easier to buy the unlocked version and not have to go through the hassle of unlocking it?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

for one they will not unlock it till you wait 14 days after you bought it.  Those are the rules and ATT is not going to budge on them.  that is the return policy of 14 days att has.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Well, I use it on NET10 while in the US (and they use ATT network) so in practice I do use it on the network. I want to be able to put another carrier's SIM when travelling abroad.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

So you mean to say that after 14 days it will work? Where on the website does it state that? It says 14 days after an upgrade and that is not the case.

Plus, the reply that the IMEI is not theirs is just plain nonsense.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@marcioefj

the phone was just released there is a chance ATT does not have the IMEI list from samsung yet.

The 14 days is the return period.  I dont have a clue why you bought a locked att phone.  The tmobile version would have been a better choice.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.