For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackburn36's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 29th, 2014 8:10 PM

Unlimited data plan from iphone to android

I currently have an unlimited data plan plan with my iPhone 4s. I'm looking to upgrade to an android. Would the unlimited plan be transferred to the new phone or would I have to upgrade to another iphone?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

@Blackburn36 wrote:
I currently have an unlimited data plan plan with my iPhone 4s. I'm looking to upgrade to an android. Would the unlimited plan be transferred to the new phone or would I have to upgrade to another iphone?

Yes you can.  You can not switch your plan to one of the newer Mobile Share plans (which offer discounts for out of contract status), but you can keep your current rate plan and data plan, at least as long as AT&T still offers them.  There is a chance that AT&T will stop offering the unlimited data plan in the future which might require you to switch then.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

Just to be clear.   You can keep the unlimited data plan, and use it on any phone you want, AS LONG AS YOU PAY FOR THE PHONE.

You would not be the first customer to come back on forums, ripping mad at being tricked into giving up unlimited data.

None of the financing options allow you to keep your current data plan.  If you hear "free", "discounted" or a price that sounds nice and low - STOP.   Ask what the FULL retail is of the phone.

With that in mind, you can shop for AT&T compatible phones on Amazon, pay full price and avoid the AT&T bloatware.

I am on my second Samsung.  I had a GS3 and now have the Note 3.  Love the phone.   Had an iPhone for 1 week, passed it on to my son.   You will love Android!

Professor

• 

3K Messages

9 years ago

You can take advantage of subsidized (upgrade) pricing, and stay on the same data plan.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

So I have iphone 5, upgrading to Note 4. I'm eligible for AT&T next. I have UNLIMITED data/messaging. It's no longer offered. I've switched from an iPhone to a Samsung in the past & back to iphone.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

In response to my unfinished post, I'm trying to buy the note 4 online & it's not giving me the option to keep my current data plan. I've been told numerous times I'm grandfathered in but here I am trying to upgrade from iPhone 5 to note 4 & I can't keep my unlimited plan.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.