For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
ssween828's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 4th, 2014 3:05 PM

Unable to Receive MMS Messages from Verizon Users

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm having an issue recently on my Google Nexus 5. The phone's configuration has not changed, so I'm assuming this is a network issue.

When a user on Verizon sends me an MMS message (iPhone or Android - doesn't matter) there is only a ~20% chance that it will come through. I will end up with an "image", but it's just a gray box. Other times they will come through perfectly.

I have tried changing my texting app between GoSMS Pro, Textra, and Hangouts with no resolution - the same issue presents in all cases. I even went so far as to swap my SIM into my Moto G that I use for work, and the same issue is presenting itself.

I'm assuming that something is up with the AT&T servers that are processing the image resize, as Verizon sends and recieves MMS at 1200KB per photo, whereas AT&T is capped at 600KB. I have other friends on AT&T who have shared that they're having the exact same issue over the past several weeks, so we did a test. The issue is not present from AT&T to AT&T, Verizon to Verizon, or AT&T to Verizon. It only occurs when an Verizon phone sends to an AT&T phone.

So my questions are 1) Is anyone else having this issue, 2) If anyone else is having it, have you been able to resolve it, and 3) Is there any way to tell if the issue is on AT&T's servers or Verizon's?  

Thanks!

-Sean

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Ssween828,

This is not the first time ive heard of this issue but in most cases getting in touch with tech support for AT&T should be able to resolve it for you.

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to  ATTMobilityCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days. -- This team should be able to file a case for you and research the issue.

Hope this helps!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Whenever my wife sends me photos from her verizon HTC Droid DNA , I only receive a gray box with exclamation point. Occasionally one will come through but it is very rare. We both have good signal strength (4G LTE) and I am the only one she sends photos to who has the issue. I thought maybe it was an issue with AT&T but her sister who is with AT&T in virginia does not have a problem receiving the photos. If I hold on the gray box and choose save attachment, I can see the thumbnail in my gallery preview but when I click on the photo it shows a broken image.

I believe it is either a setting on my phone, maybe a time out setting that stops downloading MMS files after a certain length of time, or possibly the AT&T network in North Dakota not functioning the same as the one in Virginia.

Can anyone point me in the direction on getting this resolved?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I updated to 4.4.2 and it broke it. Worked fine before update, now can't receive images MMS images.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I sadly have the same problem. I have an android LG G2 and if someone from Verizon that has an android phone texts me, I don't get it consistently. Att is blaming Verizon and Verizon said it's an android problem. I've switched to a Windows 8 phone and they seem to come thru fine. I hope someone finds a resolution so I can go back to my Android which I loved except for the Mms issue

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I have the same problem that I randomly don't get pics from my Verizon friends with an Android phone. I have an android LG G2. I have since switched to a Windows 8 phone and have no problems. I had an old iPhone that I stuck my Sim in and it also let me get the pictures. It's something with Android and Verizon.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Ps. Calling Att support is useless. They have no clue. I've been calling for 4 months now about the same problem

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I have the droid DNA that I activated on at&t's network and after downloading go sms from the play store I am able to send and receive mms from both Verizon and at&t users.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

P.s. the droid DNA is stamped Verizon.

Teacher

• 

36 Messages

10 years ago

I have the SAME exact problem. I frequently send text and picture messages between a friend who has Verizon and has the same phone as me - we both have the Samsung Galaxy S4.

She can receive all my picture messages just fine. But I can't receive her picture messages - as OP says, there's probably a 20% chance I receive them as some do come thru but most do not and she has to end up emailing them to me instead.

Please help resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Maria

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Glad to see I am not the only one. I have a Sony Xperia Ion that untill yesterday was just fine. For no reason what so ever I now can not recieve MMS from anyone. I can send just fine but nothing will come through if sent to me. Is there a issue with the servers or something?? Not real happy and ther is no reason for this to have happned. Like I said it was just fine till yesterday.

Just to add it is not just Verizon but all carriers. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.