The Samsung Galaxy S24
RockStar2005's profile

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

Friday, October 12th, 2018 1:44 AM

U.S. Sony Xperia XZ3 & VoLTE on AT&T??

I was just wondering...........will Sony phones like the upcoming Xperia XZ3 (U.S. version, release date: 10/17/2018) be able to access ALL of AT&T's network radio bands without VoLTE certification? I know T-Mobile doesn't allow access to their 700 MHz spectrum (aka Band 12) without VoLTE certification, but does AT&T require the same thing? Or will users get FULL access, just no VoLTE?? Also, does AT&T actually require VoLTE certification??

Thank You

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

Att has band 66 which is aws 3.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Cool. But I was referring more to lower (sub-1000 MHz) bandwidth. Band 66 is 1700/2100 MHz (AWS). The lower bandwidths are prized like Band 12/700 MHz b/c they offer twice the range of the higher bandwidths and four times the capability to penetrate through walls & buildings. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I just received my US XZ3 from Amazon, I’m on ATT and I cannot get VoLTE to work. Any help would be appreciated thank you. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@amcjbp

And you won’t.   With very few exceptions Android phones must be AT&T branded to get VoLTE.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Hey amc, 

You will need to wait for iArvee's co-worker to return in about a week to get your final answer though. 

Although I have T-Mobile, I have an interest in whether VoLTE works on AT&T phones as well, which is why I started that thread. I have a friend who has AT&T and likes the Sony phones too, so I wanted to see if he could get VoLTE or not. Apparently, there is a way, but you should read through that thread to find out more. But you're of course welcome to message or PM iArvee on there for more info. But I will be following up with him in about a week as well, though I'm currently trying to figure things out for me. My U.S. XZ3 just came in today as well. It appears I DO get VoLTE on T-Mo with it, but I need to do a bit more researching to be sure. 

You MAY need to do a factory reset using the Sony Companion software? But again, just check that thread and subscribe to continue receiving follow-ups. 

[Third party link removed per Guidelines]

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the information RockStar. I will definitely follow both threads. I’ve been a long time Sony user since the K800i and was hoping that the XZ3 will have VoLTE. Glad to hear yours work on TMobile. 

Have a good weekend. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you lizdance. 

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

No problem amc! 

Hopefully when the guy's co-worker comes back we can get this figured out. In the meantime, you MIGHT wanna consider downloading Sony Companion onto your PC and letting it do a reformat on your XZ3. This is what the guy did on XDA, so that MAY be why he saw VoLTE when he put in his co-worker's AT&T SIM card and saw VoLTE listed as an option. Other than that, not sure. But yeah, you can ask him as well in about a week. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.