The Samsung Galaxy S24
Caleb2124's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 24th, 2014 12:36 AM

Trying to get contacts info

Ok, so I had to send my galaxy s1 in to get it replaced, but I forgot to get a certain number out of my contacts. I have every single file from my old phone copied and saved on my laptop, but I don't know how i can view my contacts  on my laptop.  And the phone is already sent in, so all I have are the all the files copied and pasted from the phone over to my laptop. Help please.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

Were you not using/syncing to google contacts? If you were, then going to

https://www.google.com/contacts/

in a browser and logging in with your google/gmail user/password should show you all your contacts.

If you had the contacts stored locally, then things are less likely to end well. If you have a backup of your phone (using some android backup software, or better yet Kies) then restoring the backup to your phone will get everything back. If you just copied files off the phone, it's very likely you don't have the actual phone database - it would be in a protected area of storage on the phone, not the user file area you see when the phone is mounted like a disk drive onto a PC via a USB cable.

Here is a link describing accessing the local contact database file:

http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/41455/where-is-the-data-for-contacts-storage-located

If that makes no sense to you, then its very likely you don't have a copy of the database file with your contacts.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello Caleb2124,

Do you mean you have a backup of your phone's software on your computer? I don't believe you can view its contents on the computer, but you should be able to restore them to your new phone when it comes in.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.