Transferring music from ITunes to Inspire

Mentor

Transferring music from ITunes to Inspire

Does any one know if this is possible? If so, can you teel me how? I would like to transfer my music library to my Inspire. Thanks.

Message 1 of 31 (7,508 Views)
Professor

Re: Transferring music from ITunes to Inspire

[ Edited ]

Download Doubletwist from the Android Market, it works quite well for this.  You will need to install it on your desktop/laptop computer as well.  After that, connect your phone to your computer over USB.  Then on Doubletwist on your computer, you can sync all your iTunes music, or just selected playlists.  You will only want to synch selected playlists if your library is larger than your SD card capacity (obviously).

If you have older AAC files on iTunes that still have the old DRM, they won't sync to your phone, as they won't be playable anyway.

Message 2 of 31 (7,461 Views)
Master

redpoint73,

I would like to do the same with my Samsung Captivate. I am using it on prepaid and do not want to rack up any unnecessary data charges if I were to try to download that app, "Doubletwist".

Would you happen to know if I can just hook my Captivate (via USB cable) up to my laptop and sync the music from iTunes onto the phone? Or would that only work with iPhones? I don't want to do anything stupid to potentially damage or even brick the phone...

Thanks.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 31 (7,412 Views)
Master

If you have access to Wifi, you can download the application that way.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 31 (7,400 Views)
Master

Okay, thanks! To get to the Android Market, though, I think one needs to have a GMail password and username, if I recall correctly... Would I just have to make one up, considering I have a Yahoo! e-mail account?

Message 5 of 31 (7,376 Views)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

redpoint73,

I would like to do the same with my Samsung Captivate. I am using it on prepaid and do not want to rack up any unnecessary data charges if I were to try to download that app, "Doubletwist".

Would you happen to know if I can just hook my Captivate (via USB cable) up to my laptop and sync the music from iTunes onto the phone? Or would that only work with iPhones? I don't want to do anything stupid to potentially damage or even brick the phone...

Thanks.

iTunes will only sync directly to the iPhone or iPod.  That's why things like DoubleTwist exist.  Apple is fascist about such things.   Palm purposely made the Pre capable of synching with iTunes, then Apple blocked it.

iTunes won't damage your Captivate, since it won't even recognize its there or give you the option to sync.

Message 6 of 31 (7,364 Views)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:
Okay, thanks! To get to the Android Market, though, I think one needs to have a GMail password and username, if I recall correctly... Would I just have to make one up, considering I have a Yahoo! e-mail account?

Just create Google login if you don't have one.  I'm amazed you've gone this long without one.  There is so much cool stuff on the market, and lots of it free!  Besides, I'd be amazed if Yahoo was even around in a few years.

Message 7 of 31 (7,359 Views)
Master

You can even download the Yahoo app if you want. If it actually worked half the time. (Based solely reading other user's issue with the app.)

Apps on the market include apps to backup your text messages, call log, a more robust file explorer for the sd card, ereader apps: nook, kindle, aldiko, and many more.

There are several updates to the google apps that came with the phone that you have to download from the Market. Gmail, maps, voice search, google search, street view. Google earth and google sky map are available from the market.
Message 8 of 31 (7,339 Views)
Master

redpoint73 wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Just create Google login if you don't have one.  I'm amazed you've gone this long without one.  There is so much cool stuff on the market, and lots of it free!  Besides, I'd be amazed if Yahoo was even around in a few years.

Alright, thanks. I have had my Captivate for a little over a month, so I'm still learning. I suppose I am not using my phone to its full potential... Smiley Wink It sure would be nice to have some new apps on my Captivate, especially if lots of them are free. I think I will just create a Google login ID to access the Android Market. Then I will try to download DoubleTwist. How much is the app, by chance, do you know?

Thanks again. I can't wait to start downloading my music. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 31 (7,300 Views)
Master

Ann154 wrote:
You can even download the Yahoo app if you want. If it actually worked half the time. (Based solely reading other user's issue with the app.)

Apps on the market include apps to backup your text messages, call log, a more robust file explorer for the sd card, ereader apps: nook, kindle, aldiko, and many more.

There are several updates to the google apps that came with the phone that you have to download from the Market. Gmail, maps, voice search, google search, street view. Google earth and google sky map are available from the market.

Wow. That is a lot more than I had anticipated. I wonder if it's like the App Store on my Touch?

But yes, I would like to have a Yahoo! Mail app. I can never login to my e-mail account through the Email application on my phone. It is quite bothersome, considering it works absolutely fine on the Touch...

I wonder if the Android Market has Angry Birds? Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 31 (7,289 Views)
Master

There are two listed. It looks like main one is free.

You can browse the whole Market and download if you sign in with your gmail account at market.android.com on a pc or perhaps even a mobile browser.
Message 11 of 31 (4,415 Views)
Master

Ann154 wrote:
There are two listed. It looks like main one is free.

You can browse the whole Market and download if you sign in with your gmail account at market.android.com on a pc or perhaps even a mobile browser.

Thank you for taking the time to do the research! Smiley Happy If it truly is free, I will be more than happy. I mainly use the Safari application on my iPod Touch, so that has basically replaced my computer.

I have apps such as games on my Touch, also. Could those also be downloaded onto my Captivate?

Message 12 of 31 (4,411 Views)
Master

Yep it has angry birds angry birds seasons. With android 2.2 on the captivate the apps will save to sd card.

Other apps to check out:
SwiftKey keyboard replacement
Sensorly maps signal strength
system panel lite a better task manager
Launcher Pro a home replacement (better than Touchwiz Imho)

that is just scratching the surface of Apps.
Message 13 of 31 (4,410 Views)
Master

Many ios games and apps have been transferred to Android. You would have to search for them and see if they are there.

Also check out androidcentral.com. They do a weekly editor's app pick of the week. They featured my favorite sms backup application in the last week or two. Smiley Very Happy
Message 14 of 31 (4,406 Views)
Master

Ann154 wrote:
Yep it has angry birds angry birds seasons. With android 2.2 on the captivate the apps will save to sd card.

Other apps to check out:
SwiftKey keyboard replacement
Sensorly maps signal strength
system panel lite a better task manager
Launcher Pro a home replacement (better than Touchwiz Imho)

that is just scratching the surface of Apps.

It looks like I'm having a hard time keeping up with you, post after post. Smiley Wink But yes! Smiley Very Happy I can now have Angry Birds on my Captivate! It also has Android 2.2 installed, so I suppose I am all good.

I actually prefer the basic QWERTY Samsung keyboard. I do not use Swype (although I don't know why not), so I suppose SwiftKey would not apply to me. I seldomly use my Task Manager, also, so that's not too big of an issue. Smiley Wink "Sensorly" sounds cool, though.

Message 15 of 31 (4,402 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.