For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
junis4791's profile

Mentor

• 

85 Messages

Tuesday, March 15th, 2011 2:40 PM

Transferring music from ITunes to Inspire

Does any one know if this is possible? If so, can you teel me how? I would like to transfer my music library to my Inspire. Thanks.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@Ann154 wrote:
There are two listed. It looks like main one is free.

You can browse the whole Market and download if you sign in with your gmail account at market.android.com on a pc or perhaps even a mobile browser.

Thank you for taking the time to do the research! 🙂 If it truly is free, I will be more than happy. I mainly use the Safari application on my iPod Touch, so that has basically replaced my computer.

I have apps such as games on my Touch, also. Could those also be downloaded onto my Captivate?

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

Yep it has angry birds angry birds seasons. With android 2.2 on the captivate the apps will save to sd card.

Other apps to check out:
SwiftKey keyboard replacement
Sensorly maps signal strength
system panel lite a better task manager
Launcher Pro a home replacement (better than Touchwiz Imho)

that is just scratching the surface of Apps.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

Many ios games and apps have been transferred to Android. You would have to search for them and see if they are there.

Also check out androidcentral.com. They do a weekly editor's app pick of the week. They featured my favorite sms backup application in the last week or two. 😄

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@Ann154 wrote:
Yep it has angry birds angry birds seasons. With android 2.2 on the captivate the apps will save to sd card.

Other apps to check out:
SwiftKey keyboard replacement
Sensorly maps signal strength
system panel lite a better task manager
Launcher Pro a home replacement (better than Touchwiz Imho)

that is just scratching the surface of Apps.

It looks like I'm having a hard time keeping up with you, post after post. 😉 But yes! 😄 I can now have Angry Birds on my Captivate! It also has Android 2.2 installed, so I suppose I am all good.

I actually prefer the basic QWERTY Samsung keyboard. I do not use Swype (although I don't know why not), so I suppose SwiftKey would not apply to me. I seldomly use my Task Manager, also, so that's not too big of an issue. 😉 "Sensorly" sounds cool, though.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

Typing with SwiftKey keyboard, 33% more efficient according to my usage stats.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@Ann154 wrote:
Typing with SwiftKey keyboard, 33% more efficient according to my usage stats.

That's quite a significant amount...I actually do make a lot more typing errors on my Captivate using the regular keyboard than I did on my Mythic. I find that very odd. That is one advantage my Mythic had over my Captivate, I suppose. Is SwiftKey sort of like Swype?

Sorry, don't mean to "hijack" this thread...

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

It is more tap typing. There are swype gestures, delete words, hide the keyboard, etc. The biggest thing for me is that it learns your language from the sms messages and as you type. There is a free trial version of SwiftKey in the Market. Give it a shot. If you don't like it, you can uninstall it at the end of trial. After using SwiftKey in beta, it became the first application I paid for on the Android Market when the full version was released.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

Interesting... Would the SwiftKey keyboard just appear in my regular messaging application as a keyboard option? Or would I have to separately open the app and use the keyboard for messaging?

I am learning a lot, as you can see...

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

Nope you set the keyboard as default for all typing needs. Do the first setup under settings > keyboards. Activate it with a check mark and go into the SwiftKey settings. Download your language, set the keyboard type. Tell It to learn from the sms messages. Once you are done with that. Open your message app or another application that uses the keyboard. Long press in the text display box and a menu will open and ask input method. Select SwiftKey and the keyboard changes to the SwiftKey keyboard.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

13 years ago

@Wild Banchi wrote:
Wow. That is a lot more than I had anticipated. I wonder if it's like the App Store on my Touch?

The Android store has over 300,000 apps.  They may be exactly the same as the Apple App store, but basically, you will find an app (and probably several) for pretty much any use you can think of.

I don't have an AT&T branded HTC phone, so I'm on the "full" Android Market (not just the apps that AT&T "approves").  So I might have some things that you can't get.  But here are some great apps (all free):

- Audio Manager Widget, quick access to volume settings on your home screen

- Album Art Grabber, if some of your music files are missing cover art, this will find it

- ChompSMS, an SMS client that is much better than the stock one, with tons of customization options (although free version shows some ads)

- GPS Status & Toolbox, handy if you can't connect to GPS on Google Maps, and want to see if you're reading any satellites

- Barcode Scanner, lets you scan barcodes on products and QR codes on ads and other places

- Google Translate, translates spoken and typed language to/from various languages

- Pandora & Slacker Radio, internet radios that feed you new music based on your suggestions

And some cool free games:

- Glyder 2

- Pew Pew

- Gun Bros (haven't tried it myself, but supposed to be cool)

- Toy Shop Adventures

- Yes, Angry Birds is there, and both the "regular" flavor and Seasons are FREE on Android (they are ad supported, and show some ads in the corner of the screen)

Tons more stuff, this is just scratching the surface.  Some of the above apps use data (and lots of it).  So be careful, since you mentioned you are on prepaid service.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.