Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 17, 2012
5:47:23 PM
View profile
Tracking Data Usage on S3
Edited by msutalon on Dec 17, 2012 at 5:49:02 PM

Hello.

I know there is a way to keep a running tally of data usage under the 'Ongoing' listing, where things like Wi-Fi connected display, but I can't seem to find it.  

I had somehow made it display when I was just messing around with my new S3 - but after upgrading to Jelly Bean and having to fight to get my mobile network working with data gain, it has disappeared.  

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. (no, I don't want a widget.)

Hello.

I know there is a way to keep a running tally of data usage under the 'Ongoing' listing, where things like Wi-Fi connected display, but I can't seem to find it.  

I had somehow made it display when I was just messing around with my new S3 - but after upgrading to Jelly Bean and having to fight to get my mobile network working with data gain, it has disappeared.  

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. (no, I don't want a widget.)

Tracking Data Usage on S3

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2012 4:14:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hi,

On my S3 I went into Settings->Data Usage. Pressed menu button. Put check in Show Wi-Fi usage. Just below heading you should see Wi-Fi. Select it to show Wi-Fi usage.

Kevin

Hi,

On my S3 I went into Settings->Data Usage. Pressed menu button. Put check in Show Wi-Fi usage. Just below heading you should see Wi-Fi. Select it to show Wi-Fi usage.

Kevin

Re: Tracking Data Usage on S3

2 of 2 (597 Views)