For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
yesterdayspast's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, March 28th, 2014 8:41 PM

Thinking About HTC One (M8)

I am currently on the iPhone countdown with less than 8 months to go! I am presently shopping for an Android phone and this is one I am considering at the moment.

The reason for moving away from Apple is I don't like the fact that I cannot drag and drop onto and off of the iPhone. For example, if I want to add a single song to my device I need to open iTunes, add the song to iTunes, insert it into a Playlist. Then, I have to sync my phone via iTunes Playlist to place the single song into my device.

To me, that is just unproductive use of time.

Can anyone tell me if Android allows you to switch between Explorer windows between my PC & device when moving files whether it be pictures or music?

If so, that is where I am sold and a new convert to Android. About this particular device, what attracted it to me was the fact I see the device claims to have better audio qualities. I realize the quality of a tiny speaker phone won't be recording studio quality. Between the screen size, audio and the hopes of being able to drag and drop files on and off the device with the simple Windows Explorer-like screens, I would be a happy camper!

Thanks for helping this ole' timer with the new gadgets!

Guru

• 

309 Messages

10 years ago

I am posting this from my brand new HTC M8. Of all the Android phones I've owned (and I've owned many), this is definitely one of the best. The BoomSound speakers are unlike anything I've ever seen/heard on a mobile device. This is a very impressive phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

Did yours ship from Att?

Guru

• 

309 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, it shipped the same day I ordered it. I'll be converting it to the Google Edition as soon as the RUU comes out.

As an aside, the carrier bloatware in this phone is absolutely out of control. I already froze about 20 apps that are completely useless.

Librarian

• 

23 Messages

10 years ago

I ordered mine from AT&T and it was at my house 2 days later. My previous phone was a One X. You will not be disappointed with the M8 at all. It will be the best phone of 2014..

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

@yesterdayspast wrote:

Can anyone tell me if Android allows you to switch between Explorer windows between my PC & device when moving files whether it be pictures or music?

Yes, Android allows you to simply drag and drop files, whether it be music, video, pics, or whatever.  Keep in mind that some media may have DRM that only allows it to played on certain devices.  But for the most part, you can just copy a file, and its there (as it should be).  

Scholar

• 

206 Messages

10 years ago

The only thing keeping me from going to the HTC One M8 would be the camera on it. I cannot fathom why HTC is putting out such a great phone but a below-par camera.  

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

@omrebel wrote:

The only thing keeping me from going to the HTC One M8 would be the camera on it. I cannot fathom why HTC is putting out such a great phone but a below-par camera.  

Depends a lot on what you intend to use the camera for.  I for one applaud HTC for tactically bowing out of the megapixel battle the other manufacturers insist on engaging in.  While the camera doesn't seem to be as much a step forward as I would have liked, it also certainly does not seem to be a "bad" camera by any means.

AnandTech has a very good review of the phone (I love their reviews, which are more technical and objective than many other websites):

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7893/the-htc-one-m8-review/3

Its a little funny that the front facing camera has more MP than the rear camera!

The conclusion on page 10 sums it up well:

I will say that the UltraPixel camera can still produce some amazing photos. Particularly for web use and sharing the way we do, I’m still very pleased with what comes out of the One. It’s an extremely versatile shooter, I just wish it improved as much as the rest of the platform did this generation.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.