The Samsung Galaxy S24
LibertyMark's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 5:29 PM

The skyrocket has audio settings disabled?

I just bought the Samsung Universal Galaxy Media dock for my Skyrocket.  I like the dock: my skyrocket fits nicely with the case on.  The dock has line-out on the back through a regular 3.5 mm headphone plug.  I bought this dock so that I could charge the phone while listening to music on the speakers at my desk.  The phone has ICS 4.0.4.

Well, after messing with it for a while, I could find no way to make the phone send audio out of the port on the back of the dock.  Also, the phone goes into a stupidly aggressive "dock mode" that is hard to escape from.  I solved the "dock mode" problem by downloading the "Dock No-Op" app.

I thought I could solve the audio problem by downloading the "Dock Sound Redirector" app, which is supposed to force a redirect of the audio through the dock.  However, this did not work.

I googled for audio redirection for android, for the S2, and for the S2 Skyrocket.  There were references to Audio Settings that I couldn't find anywhere on my phone.

I finally called Samsung tech support about why I couldn't get audio through the dock.  They thought about it for a long time, and then they said that I should be able to see the audio settings through the Clock app (what a weird place!).  However, when I look at settings in my Clock app, I see only 2 settings compared to 4 that the Samsung tech saw.  For me, audio settings were missing.  Finally, the Samsung tech said that AT&T had disabled these features.

If this is true, it is mind boggling to me!  Why would AT&T disable this basic feature?

Does anyone know anything about this?  If there are AT&T guys/gals here, do you know what the deal is?

Thanks in advance.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

I just chatted with Samsung support, and they verified that the settings for dock and audio were removed in the upgrade for ICS.  So, the jury is still out as to whether this is Samsung's or AT&T's fault.

The manual for the SGH-i727 (the Skyrocket) states that the Clock app should have 4 different settings, one of which is "Dock settings".  With the ICS "upgrade", there are only two settings, and I can't get audio out of my dock.

Like I said, mind boggling.  The chat person gave me the phone number for Level 2 Galaxy S support (1-877-392-4252).  I'll see if I can at least get an answer as to why this is.  In the meantime, I'll investigate going back to Gingerbread.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Sorry I keep responding to my own post, but I just wanted to add a plea:

If anybody out there has a skyrocket that they have upgraded to ICS, could you go the settings in the Clock app and verify that "Dock settings" is NOT present?  I just want to make sure I'm not crazy or that something is messed up with just my phone.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

12 years ago

@LibertyMark wrote:

I just chatted with Samsung support, and they verified that the settings for dock and audio were removed in the upgrade for ICS.  So, the jury is still out as to whether this is Samsung's or AT&T's fault.

The manual for the SGH-i727 (the Skyrocket) states that the Clock app should have 4 different settings, one of which is "Dock settings".  With the ICS "upgrade", there are only two settings, and I can't get audio out of my dock.

Like I said, mind boggling.  The chat person gave me the phone number for Level 2 Galaxy S support (1-877-392-4252).  I'll see if I can at least get an answer as to why this is.  In the meantime, I'll investigate going back to Gingerbread.

U sure? I thought it was rather added....or it must be for that phone that it was removed....I have a GS3 with ICS and I have dock settings

Go to Settings and scroll all the way down to "System" and you dont see Dock Settings?...im not sure why they would remove it

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Hi smooth4lyfe.  Thanks for responding.  I have seen reports like yours where the GS3 has dock settings, and the regular (non-skyrocket) GS2 has dock settings, but mine does not.  On the GS2 report, I'm not sure if it was with ICS or not.

When I look at Settings on my phone, I do not see an option for "System".  Perhaps that is GS3 only.  Do you see the dock settings within the Clock app settings?

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

12 years ago

Yes I do have a dock settings within my clock app if I click the menu button, but it brings me to the same dock options if I were to go into Settings

I know the Galaxy S2 does have dock settings as well

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I don't have the dock settings in either the clock app or in the phone system settings. I did used to have the dock settings in the clock app before I upgraed to ICS but not afterwards. Is rooting the phone a possible solution? It doesn't appear that Samsung or AT&T are working on this.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I have the same issue on my Skyrocket with ICS. I purchased the Samsung universal dock and can't get the audio to route through the line-out.  The phone does go into desktop dock mode but the settings for audio are missing.  I'm hoping this will be corrected in the upcoming Jellybean update.  AT&T: do you read these boards?  This is a definite bug in your Skyrocket implementation.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.