FRM:attmessaging@txt.att.net
SUBJ:Registration
MSG:Complete your registration by returning to the site and entering:

Registration number: ******

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I received the same SMS message from 1 (411) 200 - 501. Based on information from this article it is a scam. Do not reply back to this number. The ATT chat rep has instructed me to forward the text to SPAM (7726).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I got the same message is it actually from AT&T or a scam. Just wondering if you found out anything about it 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I just got the same message 5 minutes ago. I'm not responding to it.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I just got the same text and this is what At&t suggest to do with scam text message:

1. Tap and hold the body of the text message, then tap Copy.
  2. Create a new text message to 7726 (which, incidentally, corresponds to SPAM on a numeric keypad), and paste in the message you just copied. ...
  3. AT&T will send you a thank-you message and ask you to reply with the phone number of the sender.

Hopefully, the more people do this might slow down these ridiculous scam texts messages.... so sick of them!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Well the ATT Chat rep might have told you to send it to SPAM,  which I did,  then it asks the number it came from and when you tell them,  they say to reply STOP.   

GREAT!   Typical AT&T giving conflicting information because they don't have a freaking CLUE!   

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

That didn't work for me...no phone number but long #.  I pressed the message & it gave me 4 options.  One of them said SPAM so I pressed it & deleted the message.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.