The Samsung Galaxy S24
chaulmers's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, March 5th, 2014 1:52 AM

Sync facebook contacts with only numbers

My local ATT store manager Dave at the ATT store in Royal Oak MI 48073 told me that all I had to do was log into my gmail account and my old contacts would be there. Well guess what, dave lied. I told him I hadnt uploaded them but he kept saying it should work as long as I logged in. 

Anyways I am trying to sync my facebook contacts into my phonebook to try and get a good start, however I go to do it with the facebook app on my htc one and well it loads EVERYTHING into the contacts. Not just their phone numbers but even the people who didnt have a phone number it adds their email and fb profile. I really dont want this, is there an easier way? I just want their dang phone numbers. 

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

10 years ago

Not unless Facebook has implemented settings to customize which records are synced. Without going too deep into the innards of it it is basically up to the application developer and there isn't any outside control beyond what they provide.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, chaulmers!

Thanks for posting. Had your Google account been set to auto-sync your phone's information, the contact transfer would have worked exactly as Dave suggested. However, it seems your account was not set up this way, so the other alternative is to sync all your Facebook contacts or visit any corporate store and have your phone contacts transferred there from your old device to your new one.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Right. But Dave told me it didnt matter that it would just do it automatically and clearly that is not the case.

I am wondering if there is a way to only get facebook phone numbers. If this is not the proper forum please direct me elsewhere.

Also what about my old SIM card from my HTC one? Could I just transfer the numbers from there or does the phone need to power on?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I appreciate your contribution but this doesnt really answer my question. It merely states a fact about facebook. You are right I could not do it if facebook didnt allow it. I am wondering if they do. 

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

10 years ago

@chaulmers wrote:

I appreciate your contribution but this doesnt really answer my question. It merely states a fact about facebook. You are right I could not do it if facebook didnt allow it. I am wondering if they do. 

I don't have the latest FB app so I can't tell you for sure. What I can tell you is that if they do allow it it'll be in the app settings, but Googling around didn't fill me with hope, looks like FB sync is kinda lacking.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.