Switching Phones

Contributor

Switching Phones

My S3 has been acting up beyond my patience, randomly resetting and just being troublesome... I love this phone too.

If I were to buy an S4 could I just put my SIM card in that phone and use it like normal? Or do I have to go to AT&T and pay a bunch of money and go through a lot of mess?

Thank you for your answers.
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Professor

Re: Switching Phones

You would be able to use the phone as normal if it accepts the same type of SIM card. Smiley Happy However, you would have to call in if you want to add the insurance and update the IMEI. Smiley Wink
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Professor

Have you tried a factory reset on your existing S3?  It can often clear up some random bugs, particularly if they came as a result of a recent OTA update.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Mentor

We got S3's in June, and had so many problems we finally were able to replace them with S4's. I love my S4 - it's an order of magnitude better than the S3 was. I still have the original problem (missed incoming calls) but at least it's down to a manageable level (maybe 1 call out of 20 - the S3 seemed to miss almost half of the calls).

I've heard even better things about the S4 Active.

If you do this, you should notify AT&T that your sim is now in an S4. Otherwise it won't know about software updates and stuff.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support