Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 3, 2013
11:36:54 PM
View profile
Switching Phones
My S3 has been acting up beyond my patience, randomly resetting and just being troublesome... I love this phone too.

If I were to buy an S4 could I just put my SIM card in that phone and use it like normal? Or do I have to go to AT&T and pay a bunch of money and go through a lot of mess?

Thank you for your answers.
My S3 has been acting up beyond my patience, randomly resetting and just being troublesome... I love this phone too.

If I were to buy an S4 could I just put my SIM card in that phone and use it like normal? Or do I have to go to AT&T and pay a bunch of money and go through a lot of mess?

Thank you for your answers.
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 4, 2013 5:58:22 AM
(1)
ACE - Professor
You would be able to use the phone as normal if it accepts the same type of SIM card. Smiley Happy However, you would have to call in if you want to add the insurance and update the IMEI. Smiley Wink
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Switching Phones

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 4, 2013 5:58:22 AM
(1)
ACE - Professor
You would be able to use the phone as normal if it accepts the same type of SIM card. Smiley Happy However, you would have to call in if you want to add the insurance and update the IMEI. Smiley Wink
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Switching Phones

2 of 4 (11,970 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2013 10:28:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Have you tried a factory reset on your existing S3?  It can often clear up some random bugs, particularly if they came as a result of a recent OTA update.

Have you tried a factory reset on your existing S3?  It can often clear up some random bugs, particularly if they came as a result of a recent OTA update.

3 of 4 (11,852 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2013 4:37:12 PM
(0)
Mentor

We got S3's in June, and had so many problems we finally were able to replace them with S4's. I love my S4 - it's an order of magnitude better than the S3 was. I still have the original problem (missed incoming calls) but at least it's down to a manageable level (maybe 1 call out of 20 - the S3 seemed to miss almost half of the calls).

I've heard even better things about the S4 Active.

If you do this, you should notify AT&T that your sim is now in an S4. Otherwise it won't know about software updates and stuff.

We got S3's in June, and had so many problems we finally were able to replace them with S4's. I love my S4 - it's an order of magnitude better than the S3 was. I still have the original problem (missed incoming calls) but at least it's down to a manageable level (maybe 1 call out of 20 - the S3 seemed to miss almost half of the calls).

I've heard even better things about the S4 Active.

If you do this, you should notify AT&T that your sim is now in an S4. Otherwise it won't know about software updates and stuff.

4 of 4 (11,840 Views)