The Samsung Galaxy S24
19jwt50's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 3:13 PM

Sudden increase in data usage

Over the past 3 days my 3GB of data has been used up. It appears as if bursts of data are being used all at once. One was for amost a full GB. The people I've talked to in two different ATT stores appear to be at a loss for what's happening. Last person I talked with just turned off my internet access and said to open it back up on November 20th when my plan starts over again. Does any one have the right solution??

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Same case here. I called the customer service and they had no clue.. I just monitoring the data by switching off the data for couple of days to see if there any change in the usage. I have been using the data plan for the past 2 years and havent seen such an increase.. I believe something is not right with the system with AT&T as they are trying to throttle everybody.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I can confirm the same pattern. I've had to change my data plans from 300mb to 3g after more than 3 years of consistant usage. Something is clearly wrong with AT&Ts billing system. I have a iPhone 4s, 5 and a android. ALL phones are showing the same increase in data usage so it is not limited to Apple IOS or Android. I spoke to a customer service rep and they are telling people it's the phone not the network.

It's not possible that my data rate suddenly doubled in one month after more than 2 years of consistent usage.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am having the same problem as well!  Latest was today at 1pm when I was at the Hobbit and had my phone off for the movie.  Used up almost 500MB while my phone was off.  Now I am almost out of data despite having increased my plan and rarely, in the past, even approaching my limit.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Check to see if you have an email stuck in the Outbox.  Sometimes it seems like an email will get stuck sending over and over and it can eat all the data in your data plan, and a lot more.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I am having same problem.  In November, i got an alert that i was going over my data plan.  they told me time and date of large chunks of data being used.  

Same thing happening again this cycle.  

The common things I've noticed is that Ive physically been driving in a certain area when it happens.  

My usage prior to november 2012 was consistent at below 1G.  I dont stream music, do video or anything.  now all of the sudden, I'm up to 3 plus gig used.  

I have no idea what to do and ATT doesn't seem to have any answers.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Having the same problems since November. Spent hours trying to resolve with different salespeople in store and on the phone. Even called Samsung and they had me turn off data packet also. Glad to know I'm not alone with this, but wow is it frustrating. I've even eliminated programs, but that doesn't help. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I also turned off data packet thing, all gps tracking etc.  

I looked at my usage from september 2011 when I got the phone to the present time.  NOT once did I ever use a full GB in over a year.  Then, all of the sudden, there are downloads of 500mb at a time!  I see a pattern too...they told me dates and times of these large data usages and every time I was driving to my son's dr appt. Yesterday, I drove in same area to go to a game and boom, this morning I got a notice that I am now over my 3gb allotment.  so what they told me to do last week (turn off packet data, turn off gps stuff) didn't help.  

I don't do anything with my phone except make calls, check something on line occassionally, navigation once an awhile.  No music streaming, no videos nothing!  I'm so upset.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

just got off the phone with att.  they have no solutions other than to reset my phone.  Yesterday when a big chunk of data was used, I was at home scrubbing my bathroom.  totally doesnt make sense.  the wi fi is on at home.  all they can suggest is that maybe I don't realize what I'm doing (LOL maybe the bleach fumes took over my senses and I used my phone for something).  

They say could be the device.  I have until end of april for upgrade.  

Until then, I guess I am keeping my data packet off. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I have Samsung Infuse.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

someone mentioned a "stuck" email.  How would you know that is going on and how would you fix it?  Wouldn't it just send a "send failed"  rather than trying over and over again? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.