The Samsung Galaxy S24
NickC68's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, February 5th, 2019 6:06 AM

Stuck on old software update S9+

Hi, so for some reason, my phone is stuck on an old software update. It hasn't gotten any security updates since June 1, 2018. And it's stuck on the old baseband version G965USQS2ARF4. Idk why this is. But everytime I look for updates, it says there is no update available and that I'm on the current version. Which I know is not true, because I know that current baseband version should be G965USQS3ARK2 for the S9+. And the security should be December 1, 2018. And I know we are starting to get Android Pie for the S9+ too. I have pretty much tried everything I can think of to fix this issue. Aside from completely factory resetting the phone. Any ideas or help? Thanks!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Oagermann wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion @NickC68 . Was hoping to avoid that as I figured my results would end up like @mixtapeX and start over for nothing. Like @mixtapeX mentioned att needs to get this together as it's clearly a wide spread issue.

@Oagermann 

its not as wide spread as you think.  I have updated 22 s9+ phones for a company and not one failed.  I had a note 9 fail but that was because someone decided to freeze the bloat and the update would not install.  Most of the time you have a IMEI mismatch causing the problem.  Now you can download the update and install it yourself if you search the net.  It will wipe the device clean so backup but you will get the latest firmware and should be good to go.  I just cannot post links as ATT will not allow it.

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

5 years ago

You may again contact with AT&T. They will definitely help you.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

So after contacting "ProTech" support for the 4th time it was decided that since my phone was still under warranty that they will send me a replacement which I should receive today. Thing is both s9+'s I own have the exact same issue.

-Reset to factory settings 3 different times

-AT&T ProTech support couldnt update them remotely

-Samsung wasnt any help whatsoever

-The AT&T store couldnt update them which is why I contacted tech support in the first place

-Last but not least I tried to update them via Smart Switch with no luck. 

What are the chances I have 2 new phones with the same exact issue? Either way I will receive 1 of my replacements today and then I guess I will try and work with tech support (again) for the other one.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@mixtapeX wrote:

So after contacting "ProTech" support for the 4th time it was decided that since my phone was still under warranty that they will send me a replacement which I should receive today. Thing is both s9+'s I own have the exact same issue.

-Reset to factory settings 3 different times

-AT&T ProTech support couldnt update them remotely

-Samsung wasnt any help whatsoever

-The AT&T store couldnt update them which is why I contacted tech support in the first place

-Last but not least I tried to update them via Smart Switch with no luck. 

What are the chances I have 2 new phones with the same exact issue? Either way I will receive 1 of my replacements today and then I guess I will try and work with tech support (again) for the other one.

@mixtapeX 

Dont waste your time with smart switch as ATT has never allowed updates thru it.  And ATT store anymore is just for sales they dont have the staff to flash a phone.  Samsung did away with experience centers inside best buys so no more going their for update help.  I still think you have a Bad sim card or your IMEI is messed up in a backend system.

Community Support

• 

230.7K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @BrownJames,

Thank you for your recent posting. We appreciate your participation within the Business Community. If you need some assistance with any concerns. Please send me a private message by clicking here (https://soc.att.com/2RSvgQA) and be sure to include the following details so I can help:

Account Details:

Business Name:

Contact Name:

Contact Number:

Email Address:

Brief Description of the Issue:

Thank you,

Lisa

Social Media Manager

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

So, March 19, and the problem is still alive and well. My S9 had no updates since a security update last June (the month after I got it), and has not gotten the Pie update, even though the AT&T site says it dropped two weeks ago today.

I spent several hours over the weekend talking to three different people at AT&T, and they finally decided to send me a warranty replacement, too. I got it today, did as clean an install as I could (did not restore any settings, rebuilt my whole set-up from scratch), and while it now has the February security update, still will not upgrade the OS. I am going to call them again in the morning and see what they have to say, but wow, horrible technical service on AT&T's part, and terrible customer service, too, that this issue has been going on for months and they still can't be bothered to figure it out.

I went through a similar episode with Adobe a few months ago when they updated Photoshop, and I finally just dropped my plan with them and moved on to other apps. We have two years left on my wife's phone, as we just bought her an S10 this weekend (which is how I found out I should have been getting updates, and wasn't, I thought Samsung was just doing their usual bad job of pushing out updates), but wow, would love to move on to Verizon, like someone else mentioned.

Oh, and has been mentioned, the links to the simplistic help pages are useless. I think people posting here know how to go to Check for Software Updates in the settings, and that they need to be connected via wifi, and have enough storage space and all that. Completely useless, and a cop-out on AT&T's part.

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

I went through the same thing, they said they would push the update to me, but it would take 24 hours. That was three days ago. This approach doesn't work.

A Samsung rep was at the AT&T store when I was there, and I mentioned the problem to him. He said that perhaps my number had gotten left off the update list, so I asked AT&T to check when I called them. They said everything was set up for me to get updates, but I have gotten none. Have spent hours on the phone and jumped through multiple hoops to no avail. Now I have a warranty replacement phone, and it won't update either. It is some glitch with AT&T they are not bothering to sort out. And I guess not enough people are having the problem for them to bother, either.

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

Still not getting updates. AT&T support is worthless.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Still haven't received my update for my S9 Plus.. 

Really disappointing.. 😞

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

June 21st and my S9 Plus says my software is up to date.... Lies.. 😞

Think I'm heading to Verizon when the Note 10 is released and takin

my family plan with me... 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.