Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Streaming Direct TV Now over a mobile hotspot

Streaming Direct TV Now over a mobile hotspot

Why will this app not stream over my mobile hotspot? It will only stream using my mobile data.Why?

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: Streaming Direct TV Now over a mobile hotspot

It should. Have you used your allocation of hotspot data for the month? Are you talking about your phone’s hotspot or a hotspot device?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8

Trying to use my phone hotspot.
Message 3 of 8
ACE - Expert

Well, I don’t use Directv Now but I do use the Directv app on an iPad via iPhone hotspot and it works fine. I know of no reason why the Directv Now app wouldn’t work other than if you used all your hotspot data. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8
ACE - Expert

@moestrader wrote:
Trying to use my phone hotspot.

If it's an unlimited plan, your hotspot is limited to 10GB or 15GB of high-speed data depending on the plan.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for trying to help. I know for a fact that I have not used anywhere near all my hotspot data so there must be some other problem. I guess I need to make a trip to the AT&T store to see if they can help. I appreciate your help!!

Message 6 of 8
ACE - Expert

Power it all off and then back on.

Does other data work over the hotspot?

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Message 7 of 8
ACE - Expert

Is it only the DirectvNow app that doesn’t work? How about other streaming video apps? What device are you using the app on?

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support