For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
tailgunner9's profile

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

Monday, February 17th, 2014 1:38 PM

Sprint Rolls Out Kit Kat 4.4.2 Update for Galaxy S4

Guru

• 

309 Messages

10 years ago

@dario69 wrote:

Smart move.  I am grandfathered in the unlimited data so I am hesitant to make the same bold moves.  But since they throttle me anyways after 5 gigs and the wife barely using her data the 10gig shared data plan sounds good, especially if I can still use my discount.

maybe if HTC releases the One Plus or whatever the will call it, as a Google Edition I will take the plunge.

If you're grandfathered, it can't hurt to keep it. You can definitely use your discount with the mobile share value plan. I have a 25% corporate discount and will end up paying $105 per month before taxes. That really is an excellent deal for unlimited talk/text and 10GB of shared data. The MSVP is contract-free, by the way. If there's one good thing that came out of T-Mobile's "uncarrier" initiative (it's certainly not their coverage, or lack thereof!), it's that they forced other carriers to offer more competitive pricing. 

Since HTC released the Google Edition of One, I don't doubt that they will release a Google Edition of the next iteration as well. There are rumors going around that Google may end the Nexus program in 2015, opting instead for Google Edition phones from all manufacturers.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

10 years ago

Interesting, thanks for the info kgbkny.  With the corp discount that would be significantly less if I move both phones to the new share plan.  10 gigs unthrottled would be a nice option and we don't have a text plan now so the savings would actually be even greater.  Hate rewarding bad behavior with ATT but that is a sweet deal.  Thanks T-Mo For making it happen.

good point about the GE phone and the possibility of more GE phones from carriers if Nexus ends.  That would be promising.  So done with these carrier branded phones.  

thanks.

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

ATT has a very large market share. As such they are not forced to respect you as a consumer. Their respect is for your money and their bottom line. They are continuing to lose ground to pretty much every carrier, getting blown away lately by Verizon obviously, and losing quarterlies for the first time EVER to TMobile. 

At some point ATT will rethink their philosophies but that won't be until stockholders tire of flat returns and constant excuses. It's coming, we just aren't there yet. Once we get there we will have an innovative mind leading the charge and satisfaction will become a focus.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.