• 

400 Messages

Monday, February 17th, 2014 1:38 PM

Sprint Rolls Out Kit Kat 4.4.2 Update for Galaxy S4

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

"yet another"? It's the first US carrier as far as I can tell. Hopefully we're not far behind - the leaked AT&T rom was last month.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

10 years ago

I think he means yet another carrier is steam rolling ahead with Kit Kat releases.  For example HTC One is still waiting for theirs while Sprint, verizon, and this week T-Mo has theirs.  Word is the One update will come in the next couple weeks.  Leaked roms don't mean anything.  ATT can take their sweet time if they want to.

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T usually does take its time.  Just Maybe us AT&T customers will get it by Mid-Summer.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/02/17/samsung-galaxy-android-4-4-kitkat-updates-detailed/ 

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

10 years ago

My gut feeling is the HTC One update was delayed by ATT so they can shift their resources to Samsung's latest phones.  The fact that Sprint just released theirs for the S4 means ATT is as usual very backed up with their certification program.  They are probably applying resources to the ones that scream the most with the most money.

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T is all most always the last with Updates with any brand of phones..  You must not be with AT&T very long not to know this.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

10 years ago

Since 2007.  And Verizon takes that crown, most of the time.  

Guru

• 

309 Messages

10 years ago

After the ludicrous delays with AT&T pushing out the 4.1 update for Galaxy S3, I've completely sworn off carrier-branded/OEM-skinned phones and will stick exclusively with Nexus/Google Play Edition phones. Last week, I switched both of my lines to one of the new subsidy-free plans (10GB of shared data, unlimited talk and text) and will never look back.

I understand that a subsidized device may be tempting, but the lack of timely updates (or no updates at all) is simply not worth the headache. Switch to the contract-free/subsidy-free plans and put aside the money that you'll save toward the purchase of a new device. A carrier should not control our devices and how we use them.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

10 years ago

Smart move.  I am grandfathered in the unlimited data so I am hesitant to make the same bold moves.  But since they throttle me anyways after 5 gigs and the wife barely using her data the 10gig shared data plan sounds good, especially if I can still use my discount.

maybe if HTC releases the One Plus or whatever the will call it, as a Google Edition I will take the plunge.

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

10 years ago

Do not like HTC One because they do not have removal battery or a SD card for storage just like an

iPhone.  Just the memory in phone for pic and music.  But to each their own...

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

10 years ago

True.  I should add, if LG releases their new G3 or whatever it is called as a Google Edition I am all over it.  I think that at least adds an sd slot versus the G2.  Right now I am done with Samsung period.  Never  liked Touchwiz and their skins.  HTC not that much better but at least Sense is more manageable and  faster than past versions.

still think the next phone will be a Nexus.  Sacrifice the storage and removal battery just to get away from these update delays.  It isn't just ATT, last time we beat out Verizon for the One 4.3 update.

And I still think this HTC One delay was due to ATT putting more emphasis on the Samsung updates.  It went from a sure thing to maybe two weeks to maybe early March.

Watch the S4 will get theirs before the One and maybe even the Note 3 Too.  Sprint posted their binaries for the Note 3 according to fandroid website.  Watch that roll out in the next few days.  I bet Samsung wants to toot their horn when they make their big hardware announcements early next month.  "All carriers now have Kit Kat...."

Done with carrier feet dragging and manipulation.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.