The Samsung Galaxy S24
tmann202's profile

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, January 14th, 2014 7:27 PM

Sony Xperia Z1 Compact - Will it work with AT&T if it is unlocked?

I see the new Z1 Compact phone was announced as being exclusive to T-Mobile in the US. Since T-M and AT&T are both GSM, will the T-Mobile Z1c work with AT&T (GoPhone) if it is unlocked?

Was thinking about joining GoPhone but would really like to have this and/or the S4 Mini (separate thread) as an option.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

i have the z1 compact. and att disabled lte on me. so do not call.

I wished i found this apn info.

when i called they removed my old phone from the system and when they tried to get the imei in to the system they couldn't put it in without removing the lte data plan.

so they got me back to the regular datapro.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Hello,

you seem to know what your talking about, i have a sony z1 c6906 and it works great. I get 4g lte and all is well. I want the Z1 compact but i just would like to know yes or no if im going to get 4g lte or not. I have been reading some people say yes and some say no. I basically want to know should i get this phone??? if i cant get LTE in the us a then i will hjust forget about the phone. I appreciate your input.

Steve

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

10 years ago

@stevenk311111 wrote:
Hello,

you seem to know what your talking about, i have a sony z1 c6906 and it works great. I get 4g lte and all is well. I want the Z1 compact but i just would like to know yes or no if im going to get 4g lte or not. I have been reading some people say yes and some say no. I basically want to know should i get this phone??? if i cant get LTE in the us a then i will hjust forget about the phone. I appreciate your input.

Steve

Steve,

the currently available Z1 compact (model D5503) will not have full LTE support on AT&T as it's missing the LTE band 17 that AT&T uses (noted by many other posts in this thread). Judging by the numbering scheme of recent Xperia phones the US model (if ever released) would be model D5506 and will be fully compatible with AT&T LTE. I can't find any references to such model being in existence though 😞

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

OK GOOD NEWS to anyone who is struggling whether to get a z1c due to LTE compability. 

I just received my Xperia Z1 Compact D5503, purchased from eBay, it's a unlocked international model. I plug my sim card in, and only got four bars with no Edge, HSPA, or LTE displayed. I went to APN setting, and it was blank. So I follow the previous post in this forum and input all the APN setting entry manually, as soon as I hit "Save" and the blue dot to enable this APN setting, the LTE icon poped out right away. So if anyone is worried if z1c will have LTE or not, yes it will have, at least in Southern California it will. 

Now, to the friend who says he couldn't get picture message through, you need to make sure you have "mms" in the APN Type field. 

Some Z1c (very rare) will automatically download the ATT apn setting to their phone, but most cases you need to input them manually. 

Let me know if you have any question.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Since a Xperia Z1 Compact does not works as it lacks a LTE Band 17 and no model D5506 appears available, does a Xperia Z1 LTE Model C6906 work in all areas of the US? If so, what is needed? http://store.sony.com/xperia-z1-lte-zid27-XZ1C6906//cat-27-catid-Android-Smartphone;pgid=UHlKGPXo_PVSRpp7RiybxklP0000t4dUjLYR?_t=pfm%3Dsearch%26SearchTerm%3Dc6906

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Going by the Z1 LTE's specifications, and the AT&T Employee's post above, yes the Z1 LTE should be fully compatible with AT&T's Network as the Z1 LTE supports LTE Bands 2, 4, AND 17.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

9 years ago

Hi all,

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

9 years ago

Sorry about the above. I have the z1 compact now and love it. It does Not support Lte band 17. Per above posts At&t also supports lte bands 2, 4 and some limited 5. I am lucky as I can get Band 2 in and around New Orleans and Band 4 in and around Baton Rouge. So in Louisiana both Bandsl 2 and 4 are here along with 17. I will list more cities when I find them. Please ask any questions...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Have unlocked, reset Sony Z1 CE0682. All APN set as you posted. Still cannot send or recive MMS pictures. Can do text but no pictures.

Please advise to settings

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.