The Samsung Galaxy S24
rdup98's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, December 2nd, 2013 4:18 AM

Software Update Interrupted (GS3)

I've been trying to update my GS3 4.3 for a while. But I can't because every time I try to update it, I ALWAYS get a message saying Software Update Interrupted. I've tried everything, I went to the AT&T store and the lady couldn't find anything solutions. She then told me to contact Samsung and see what they say. So I did and nothing they told me to do worked. I booted in to safe mode, I cleared this and did that but still nothing. I even factory reset my phone and it didn't work. I thought it could've been because my phone was rooted by the past owner (I bought my GS3 used), but I looked at the flash counter and it said nothing has been modified. Please help! I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I meant to say I've been trying to update my s3 to Android 4.3 for a while.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I have had the same problem.  My Galaxy S3 was bought new and has never been rooted.  I have tried to run the update to Android 4.3 for the last three days.  The download starts and then it is interrupted and then the phone will not allow me access to update for another 24 hours.

My wife has a Galaxy S4 that updated smoothly about 1 week ago.

Any help on this issue?

Thanks

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I'm betting this happens due to Internet congestion, or possibly the ATT servers getting heavy traffic getting these updates out to the users. When the 4.3 update first came out for the s4, I turned off auto-time and kept setting the clock forward to try to get it. It failed 3-4 times during the day, then succeeded in getting it from 10 or 11pm to about midnight-1am eastern time. Perhaps due to lower congestion and people turning their phones off reducing the network strain? Anyway: 1) set your clock forward a day and try again 2) for those sleeping at night, try right before you go to bed or right after you get up. It might not work anyway. Have a little patience. There's nothing earth-shattering in the update anyway.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks.  I will give it a try tomorrow night.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Me too. Thanks.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

No luck, but good idea.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

The upload did  not work for me when I tried it at 10:30 PM either.

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

10 years ago

don't bother it is a lousy update stay on 4.1 2. Another botched att Samsung project.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

My update finally ran today.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Got mine this morning after talking to AT&T yesterday. He filed a case and i guess they resolved it.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.