Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 3, 2012
11:57:21 AM
Skyrocket firmware after update cannot be managed by Samsung KIES anymore

Hello,

Over a month ago I recieved an over-the-air update for my Galexy S2 Skyrocket. Up to this point I was using KIES to update my phone. But since the over-the-air update, KIES cannot manage the firmware.

I even brought the phone to a Samsung service center on 2 different dates and wiped the phone and restarted.

On the second trip, the service tech used a non-public Samsung program called "SMART" and discovered that the current firmware of "PDA:LI3 / PHONE:LI3 / CSC:LI3 (ATT)" was not even listed as the current firmware within Samsung's firmware version repository for either SMART or KIES.

So, until AT&T submits this version of firmware to samsung and samsung lists it as supported firmware, KIES cannot manage the firmware for my Skyrocket.

Any way to resolve this?

Hello,

Over a month ago I recieved an over-the-air update for my Galexy S2 Skyrocket. Up to this point I was using KIES to update my phone. But since the over-the-air update, KIES cannot manage the firmware.

I even brought the phone to a Samsung service center on 2 different dates and wiped the phone and restarted.

On the second trip, the service tech used a non-public Samsung program called "SMART" and discovered that the current firmware of "PDA:LI3 / PHONE:LI3 / CSC:LI3 (ATT)" was not even listed as the current firmware within Samsung's firmware version repository for either SMART or KIES.

So, until AT&T submits this version of firmware to samsung and samsung lists it as supported firmware, KIES cannot manage the firmware for my Skyrocket.

Any way to resolve this?

Skyrocket firmware after update cannot be managed by Samsung KIES anymore

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2012 9:07:22 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have the same problem here.  Presumably AT&T will take care of this oversight soon.  The new Jelly Bean update for the Skyrocket is supposed to appear soon.

I have the same problem here.  Presumably AT&T will take care of this oversight soon.  The new Jelly Bean update for the Skyrocket is supposed to appear soon.

Re: Skyrocket firmware after update cannot be managed by Samsung KIES anymore

2 of 3 (1,004 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2012 10:40:28 AM
(0)
Tutor

Unfortunately, it is not true that Samsung is unaware of the Base Version I727UCLI3 firmware upgrade.  See this url:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00044562&fm_seq=45161

However, I suppose it could still be true that they have not updated the Kies firmware data base.  I am skeptical that this problem will be addressed before the release of Jelly Bean for the S2 and those of us with this problem will be left out in the cold. 

Unfortunately, it is not true that Samsung is unaware of the Base Version I727UCLI3 firmware upgrade.  See this url:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00044562&fm_seq=45161

However, I suppose it could still be true that they have not updated the Kies firmware data base.  I am skeptical that this problem will be addressed before the release of Jelly Bean for the S2 and those of us with this problem will be left out in the cold. 

Re: Skyrocket firmware after update cannot be managed by Samsung KIES anymore

3 of 3 (987 Views)