For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
wolf!'s profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Thursday, February 2nd, 2012 7:44 PM

Skyrocket Bluetooth voicedial

Hi,

I just ordered a skyrocket LTE. I was looking through the board and saw there were issues with Bluetooth voicedial. Which is a major dealbreaker for me. I chatted with Samsung, and they say it voicedials over Bluetooth just fine, i shouldn't have any problems. Does anybody know if this was resolved, or if it was just isolated cases?

thanks

al

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Choice Dialer + works ($5.00). They have a free trial to at least test it out. I'm testing it now and I may pay the 5 bucks if I can't find anything free.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have a Galaxy SII and a Galaxy SII Skyrocket. The Galaxy SII my wife uses and I purchased a Motorola H720 bluetooth headset from Wal-Mart. I opened the voice dial icon on the phone, set it in the drive mode and she was set. It works every time all the time. She can even use the voice to text option. The Skyrocket is exactly the same. 

I had an SII just like it that I had an older standard bluetooth for and it could never recognize anything I said over the bluetooth. So I went to Best-Buy and purchased a SII Skyrocket with a Motorola Elite. I assumed the issue was I have a very bass voice and the Vlingo that operates the voice dial in the SII phones is female. I went online with the phone downloaded the Motorola software for the Elite. I was in business. It all worked fine until I was outside with my Elite and the sweat from my hair shorted out the elite.

I have tried all the options I can think of. I have used Jawbones, and their software downloads into the headset. After several weeks of trying to get them to work their software in the headset locks into a loop mode and I can't use the headset.. They will work just fine as a headset as long as, I don't update them and try to use voice dial.Several other high priced headsets that you download software to the headset.

I currently have a Blueant $80 device and it works to a limit. I think the main issue is that Samsung decided to install a female only voice in the Vlingo software which is their voice recognition software to voice dial. I know that in England they used a male voice. It would be much better if it actually had a recognition program. A program that alllowed the owner to use his her voice to set/overide certain things the program does. They might also ask Motorola to sell them their software. It was almost perfect

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.