For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Rugers's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, June 4th, 2019 2:31 AM

Sim temporarily turned off by your carrier

Hello. I have been using my OnePlus 3T for a couple months now. All of a sudden this notification that's in the title of this post appeared today. My phone can not make or receive calls although I am connected to att. 

I tried resetting my network settings, clearing cache. Power phone off, reboot. Check APN settings. Made sure I'm not on airplane mode. My sim card seems fine as I can put it into my other phone and have no issues.

I don't understand why this happened all of a sudden. My phone no longer appears on my att account either. This seems strange to me. Any ideas? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@joeldf wrote:

But, the 3T is an LTE phone.

"LTE: Bands 1/2/4/5/7/8/12/17/30"

That covers AT&T's bands 2, 4, 5 and 17.

@joeldf 

Your thinking DATA only which you can't...  And those 4 bands won't cut it come the end of the year..  You will need all the bands just to have coverage when 3g is shut down.

Right now on that 3t all voice is carried over the HSPA network or 3g network.  ATT does not allow VoLTE on very many NON ATT branded phones.  Pixel 2 and 3 series 1+ 6t and 7 pro...  That is about it is the problem.  Any phone not ATT branded or Volte compliant non branded will not get voice when the 3g network is killed off.

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

5 years ago

Sounds like you need to call AT&T or run to the nearest AT&T store and ask someone. 

"...temporarily turned off by your carrier" means AT&T turned it off.  Only they can tell you why.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you. I'll be doing so. For some reason my 3T works today but didn't yesterday. I appreciate the time you took to respond @joeldf 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Ooo, that’s early.  Can you use data?  

Your phone is not VoLTE compatible with At&t and will need to be replaced eventually.  

At&t will not allow any new activations of phones not capable of VoLTE 

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

5 years ago

But, the 3T is an LTE phone.

"LTE: Bands 1/2/4/5/7/8/12/17/30"

That covers AT&T's bands 2, 4, 5 and 17.

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

5 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 

I see.  That makes sense.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you both for coming together to find a solution for me. I suppose I'm not going to bother going to the store since the phone is working for now, and will eventually be shut down. Unfortunate, because I do like 1+ phones. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@Rugers wrote:

Thank you both for coming together to find a solution for me. I suppose I'm not going to bother going to the store since the phone is working for now, and will eventually be shut down. Unfortunate, because I do like 1+ phones. 

Same here.  I bought the 5t and was really impressed.  I bought the 6t and love it.  It does get VoLTE and will work after 3g shuts down.  So don’t be discouraged, 1+ is still viable, you just need a newer model. 

I sold the 5t because all US carriers are going to require VoLTE and t-mobile has no coverage where I am.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Nice! Glad to hear there is hope. Thank you! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.