The Samsung Galaxy S24
indierox237's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, December 17th, 2017 8:44 AM

Sim card locked! Switching from straight talk to prepaid at&t

Hi, I recently bought a prepaid gophone plan and a sim card that they provided free of charge! I already entered my IMEI number prior to the purchase to see if it was a compatible switch overall and it showed up to be. Upon trying to switch the sim cards, when the at&t card is inserted, the sim card shows up as "network locked" and invalid. From here I tried looking up ways to unlock the sim card which brought me to the Device unlock portal. When entering my phone number, that at&t provided with the sim card, and re-entering my IMEI number, it left me with the message "Looks like the IMEI number you entered doesn’t match an AT&T device. Try entering it again. Dial *#06# on your mobile phone to make sure you have the right IMEI.". Which is frustrating. Is there anything I can do to make the switch to at&t? The phone was bought from straight talk outright and had a ST sim card, but it's supposed to be unlocked

Also, when I first entered the at&t sim card into the phone, it never gave me the "unlock sim card" page. Simply loads the screen up and says the "invalid sim card: network locked" 

What can I do? Am I out the 50 bucks I used to buy the prepaid plan? or is there a way to unlock it and still used the prepaid service?

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

6 years ago

Are you sure your ST phone is unlocked? Judging by https://www.wikihow.com/Unlock-Android-Straight-Talk-Phone the ST phones bought from ST directly are actually locked.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.