For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Autobaton's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, April 30th, 2017 4:43 PM

Sim Card Issue

My phone worked fine last night. I looked at it today and it says No Sim card. I haven't had any other issues and I paid my bill. Do I have to get another card? Do Sim cards just go bad after so long?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

120 Messages

7 years ago

I'm sorry to hear you are having a sim issue.  To answer your question yes they do go bad from time to time. Depending on where you live there are several outages in the south/Midwest area due to the storms!

Could be the sim card or the sim card reader.  You can take the sim out and wipe it on a cloth.  If the sim needs to be replaced they are free of charge at a corporate At&t store.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for your reply!
I have a Motorola E. First generation I'm guessing.
Anyways I don't know how to get into this phone or if its even possible with the way its made.
Its good to know the Sim cards are free but because it is prepay does that mean my service is interrupted? I just refilled my plan around the 15th of April.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you David. I got the Sim card out and cleaned it. Its working now!

Employee

• 

120 Messages

7 years ago

If it is the Moto E first Gen, the back cover should come off by using your fingernail on the bottom corner.  You can get to the sim card this way.  You can still get the sim card even with a pre-paid account!

Employee

• 

120 Messages

7 years ago

Awesome glad to hear it!  Thank you for the business it is appreciated!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I took sim card out and put it back in . Now, I can't dial out

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.