Helpful Links

Signal strenght on HTC phones

Scholar

Signal strenght on HTC phones

My upgrade date is in Sept so I'm looking at some new phones now.  I was in the AT&T store today and looked at the htc freestyle to replace my karma.  I liked it; looked nice.  I asked the saleman if the HTC got good signal.  He said no.  Now I live in a rural area with lots of mountains.  Nokia's, Motorola's and Iphones pick up great.  So are htc's that bad recepetation wise?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
Employee

Re: Signal strenght on HTC phones

I dont know what he's talking about. Never had a problem with any HTC phone and they are the only phones I've bought in the past 4 years. I'd say any current HTC phone will have a better signal than any iPhone, myself. Plus you got 30 days on that upgrade to return/exchange the device

Give the Inspire a try

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8
Scholar

I wanted to stick to a QMD so I can keep my unlimited data plan. I did like the look of the HTC phones that's for sure. I don't know how much data I use though..not really a lot I don't think.
Message 3 of 8
Employee

HTC Freestyle then, not a smartphone, it runs the Brew OS but with the Sense UI like on their Android phones. touch screen phone as well
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 8

Inspires signal is crap compared to iPhone. All this new network bologna from ATT is crap. No point in a fast download/upload speed when you can't even make a call.
Message 5 of 8
Professor

tomahawk13 wrote:
Inspires signal is crap compared to iPhone.

As the late Steve Jobs said, maybe you're just holding it wrong   :-P

Message 6 of 8
Scholar

I don't have any issues with reception.  I've got better signal with my Inspire than I have with many other phones I've had. 

I've gotten texts and taken phone calls in a local store where other phones would show no signal. 

Message 7 of 8

Oh Steve what will we do without him ?
Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support