Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jul 25, 2011
9:27:02 PM
View profile
Signal strenght on HTC phones

My upgrade date is in Sept so I'm looking at some new phones now.  I was in the AT&T store today and looked at the htc freestyle to replace my karma.  I liked it; looked nice.  I asked the saleman if the HTC got good signal.  He said no.  Now I live in a rural area with lots of mountains.  Nokia's, Motorola's and Iphones pick up great.  So are htc's that bad recepetation wise?

Thanks

My upgrade date is in Sept so I'm looking at some new phones now.  I was in the AT&T store today and looked at the htc freestyle to replace my karma.  I liked it; looked nice.  I asked the saleman if the HTC got good signal.  He said no.  Now I live in a rural area with lots of mountains.  Nokia's, Motorola's and Iphones pick up great.  So are htc's that bad recepetation wise?

Thanks

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 25, 2011 11:41:37 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by JFizDaWiz on Jul 25, 2011 at 11:42:02 PM

I dont know what he's talking about. Never had a problem with any HTC phone and they are the only phones I've bought in the past 4 years. I'd say any current HTC phone will have a better signal than any iPhone, myself. Plus you got 30 days on that upgrade to return/exchange the device

Give the Inspire a try

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Signal strenght on HTC phones

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 25, 2011 11:41:37 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by JFizDaWiz on Jul 25, 2011 at 11:42:02 PM

I dont know what he's talking about. Never had a problem with any HTC phone and they are the only phones I've bought in the past 4 years. I'd say any current HTC phone will have a better signal than any iPhone, myself. Plus you got 30 days on that upgrade to return/exchange the device

Give the Inspire a try

Give the Inspire a try

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Signal strenght on HTC phones

[ Edited ]
2 of 8 (1,243 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2011 3:44:22 AM
(0)
Scholar
I wanted to stick to a QMD so I can keep my unlimited data plan. I did like the look of the HTC phones that's for sure. I don't know how much data I use though..not really a lot I don't think.
I wanted to stick to a QMD so I can keep my unlimited data plan. I did like the look of the HTC phones that's for sure. I don't know how much data I use though..not really a lot I don't think.

3 of 8 (1,236 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2011 12:37:07 AM
(0)
Employee
HTC Freestyle then, not a smartphone, it runs the Brew OS but with the Sense UI like on their Android phones. touch screen phone as well
HTC Freestyle then, not a smartphone, it runs the Brew OS but with the Sense UI like on their Android phones. touch screen phone as well

4 of 8 (1,213 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2011 7:35:57 PM
(0)
Tutor
Inspires signal is crap compared to iPhone. All this new network bologna from ATT is crap. No point in a fast download/upload speed when you can't even make a call.
Inspires signal is crap compared to iPhone. All this new network bologna from ATT is crap. No point in a fast download/upload speed when you can't even make a call.

5 of 8 (988 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 6:29:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

tomahawk13 wrote:
Inspires signal is crap compared to iPhone.

As the late Steve Jobs said, maybe you're just holding it wrong   :-P

tomahawk13 wrote:
Inspires signal is crap compared to iPhone.

As the late Steve Jobs said, maybe you're just holding it wrong   :-P

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 8 (977 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 8:07:03 AM
(0)
Scholar

I don't have any issues with reception.  I've got better signal with my Inspire than I have with many other phones I've had. 

I've gotten texts and taken phone calls in a local store where other phones would show no signal. 

I don't have any issues with reception.  I've got better signal with my Inspire than I have with many other phones I've had. 

I've gotten texts and taken phone calls in a local store where other phones would show no signal. 

7 of 8 (974 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 6:12:22 PM
(0)
Tutor
Oh Steve what will we do without him ?
Oh Steve what will we do without him ?

8 of 8 (935 Views)