Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Set up phone before inserting sim card?

Highlighted
Contributor

Set up phone before inserting sim card?

Hi there, I bought an unlocked Moto X 2013 and am waiting on my sim card to arrive from at&t (should arrive in 2 days). Here's my question, I am dying to turn it on and take a look around and set some things up, like my home screen and widgets and whatnot. Is it safe to do this before inserting the sim card? I don't want it to risk it if it's going to cause errors once installed. Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by jellyrolly
‎11-17-2015 7:01 AM

Re: Set up phone before inserting sim card?

@jellyrolly wrote:
Hi there, I bought an unlocked Moto X 2013 and am waiting on my sim card to arrive from at&t (should arrive in 2 days). Here's my question, I am dying to turn it on and take a look around and set some things up, like my home screen and widgets and whatnot. Is it safe to do this before inserting the sim card? I don't want it to risk it if it's going to cause errors once installed. Thanks!

I always set up my phone before inserting the SIM. Never had any issues because of that.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by jellyrolly
‎11-17-2015 7:01 AM

Re: Set up phone before inserting sim card?

As long as you have wifi you can do so.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support