The Samsung Galaxy S24
pjk001's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, June 6th, 2017 3:43 PM

Closed

phone sending duplicate group text messages

After running an update on my Samsung Note 4, whenever I text, the text is sent in duplicate. I don't know if the update is responsible, I would like a resolution, though. Thanks.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Samsung receiving and sending duplicate text messages

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hi all, we are updating this answer since it is getting a lot of views. 

In my experience, duplicates are caused by a possible 3rd party texting app. For example, I use Jeep's Uconnect app for hands-free driving. With Uconnect, you can use the car's internal system to send a text. I have noticed after sending a text, it is duplicated. While it is not normal, this is a possible cause. 

Confirm if this issue exists only with the default messaging app or a third-party one. If the app is third-party make sure it is up-to-date by checking it in the Google Play Store.

Duplicate texts can also be the result of an issue with connecting to a nearby tower. You can try removing and reinserting your SIM card to reestablish your connection to a tower.

To do this you can use our Device Support Tool! All you have to do is select your make and model device, then select View All Solutions. After this, select About your device under Device Topics on the left side. Lastly, pick Insert SIM & Memory Card. Please, make sure your device is off when you do this.

You can also try turning Advanced Messaging off. Though this has cool features, it can also interfere with some of the basic functions. To do this go into your Messages App > Select the 3 dots > Settings > Advanced Messaging > Off.

I hope you found this useful. Have a great rest of your day!

AT&T Community Team (ChrisZ)

(edited)

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

My Samsung galaxy s10 plus keeps sending duplicate texts, but only when it has emojis. How do I fix this?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Go into the Messages settings and click on More Settings and then Text Messages and change the Input Mode to Automatic and this solved it for me

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks @HintonBR!

Turning the text messages from input mode to automatic worked!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.