For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Ronretired's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, July 27th, 2017 6:43 PM

Security connection error

I have a Samsung j320 Mr email quit working a message says I have a security connection error any ideas on how to fix

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Me too. I went to the Metro Store today. He couldn't fix it. Just downloaded ATT Webmail. But it's not the same thing. Doesn't have the same functionality. Sigh.  

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I have the same issue. Must be a system error on Samsung J3's. We will see if Att can fix it soon.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I got the same error (A security connection error has occured).
When I go to my email settings on my laptop ({3 dots in upper left}\Settings\Device Sync Settings\Email & app accounts),
then I click on my att.net account\Manage
A very long password is in the box.  I change it to my shorter password, save it, and the same long, unidentifiable password comes back.

I can't figure out how to change this.

There was an email from AT&T that came by about a change.  I deleted it, feeling that it was a hoax.  Now I can't find the email.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I was having the same problem on my Samsung tablet but my Samsung phone works. So I went in my phone settings and looked under email settings. Looked at pop3 settings for incoming and outgoing and entered that setting on my tablet.  It works now!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks to wrcamp25. It worked for me.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Could I ask what were the POP3 settings?  I have IMAP on the phone.

I checked my Outlook settings - since I was going to do the same thing - and the settings are the same as the phone - but the Outlook is working, while the phone isn't.

Could you share the settings for inbound and outbound here?  Thanks so much!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

SusanFL-

I have an IMAP phone too.  Your email inspired me to take a closer look at the settings on my phone.

After deleting my email account from my phone (Settings\Accounts\Email\More\Remove Account), I re-added the Email Account (Add Account\Email).

Enter in user name and password, and chose to Manually Set Up your account.  When looking at my account settings on my laptop (see earlier post on how to do this), it was clear my phone was using IMAP instead of POP3.  So I chose IMAP.

On my phone, the inbound and outbound email was looking at att.net.  This has to be changed to yahoo.com in both places.

So thank you for the inspiration to check my settings more carefully.  Everything works fine now.

JW_Sports

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Sorry just now getting back, duty was calling, anyway you are correct. I foun d my settings also were strangley changed to Att instead of Yahoo. I changed them back to Yahoo and it is still working fine.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

My phone just said "The email server (yahoo.com) is not responding."

Is there another path with yahoo to use?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

SusanFL-

I don't think another path will work.  It's the path your laptop or desktop is using.  Look at that and repeat that same path in your phone.  You said your email program is using IMAP.  On your phone, go into IMAP and change the path there.

Your path should look like this:

Incoming email:

imap.mail.yahoo.com

Outgoing email:

smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.