For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
tucson146's profile

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

Saturday, October 1st, 2011 3:28 PM

Screen capture on the Captivate

I checked other blogs and some techniques work/no work,  Like holding back arrow and pressing menu or pressing on/off button.  Most everybody says it doesn't work and I agree.

Some users say you have to root the phone (Something I'm not familiar with and won't do to a new (still warrantee on phone).

Any other ideas on a way to screen capture?

Thanks ,Bill

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

12 years ago

Screen capture shortcut free -  Won't show up with Captivate or no longer available.

Went with Webshot.  Seems to work OK.

Thanks for all suggestions.

Explorer

• 

23 Messages

13 years ago

You might try 'Screen Capture' by tommorrowkey app. It is free and works on my non rooted Infuse. The description says it supports Galaxy S.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

13 years ago

I'm using an app from android market called "screen capture shortcut", that I've had for a year, but I can't find it in the market now.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@riverborne wrote:

I'm using an app from android market called "screen capture shortcut", that I've had for a year, but I can't find it in the market now.

That's right, Screen Capture Shortcut Free. I've had it on my Captivate for about four months now and I love it; very handy.

It's not even worth trying to screw around with the back and home keys with the ease of use of this app. And who can beat free?! 🙂

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

12 years ago

When I try to download the app with Captivate tethered to PC,  I have to choose device with a drop down menu.  When I see the drop down, it shows my phone, but it is greyed out.

Also,  when I use the Captivate  in Android marketplace by itself, Screen Capture Shortcut free is a no-show.

This is no longer available for Captivate is what I have to think.

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

12 years ago

So it does.. I get the same thing.

Here are instructions on manually installing it. http://androidforums.com/vibrant-support-troubleshooting/398677-screen-capture-shortcut-free-people-who-cant-see-market.html

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

12 years ago

If you don't know how to manually install apps on your device, here are the steps: ---

1. Plug your phone into the computer via USB and mount.

2. Choose the option to browse files.

3. Open the download folder and drag apk file into it.

4. Go to Applications > Files > download - select the Screen Capture Shortcut Free file and install.

5. Enjoy screen capturing

Max69,  Thanks for the heads up,  but I'm a bit confused with the directions.   # 3.  I guess you mean download folder on Captivate,  but what is the apk file?  I have an apk install program I had to get to dnld. apps in the first place.

#4.  I'm  confused as to sequence of events with this step too.

I'm still a little new and learning this smartphone thing.

Thanks,  Bill...

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

12 years ago

In that androidforrums post, click the link to download the file from megaupload. It will download a .apk file. When you connect your phone to the PC, select Mass Storage Mode, and select Conect storage to PC. Once mounted, you can browse the phone's directories. Open the Download folder on the phone and put the downloaded file there. Now disconnect the phone, open Applications and pick My Files. Tap the download folder then tap the Screen Capture Shortcut Free file that you put on the phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.