The Samsung Galaxy S24
moon333's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 5:46 PM

Closed

Save contacts to phone...or SIM...is there a way to choose?

I'm still a bit ambivalent about this HTC Aria. I want to learn about Smartphones, but I have gotten frustrated time after time just getting the settings how I want them.

My present issue is that I press the phone button on the home page, which brings up my list of contacts...that part is cool.

Now, I look through my contacts and want to place different people into different groups. So I press Menu, then the Group icon.

I select a group and start adding contacts.

When done, I go back over my list of contacts...and I discover that I have missed a few people.

So I go back into People...and discover that some of the people that are on my contact list when I press Phone are not on the list when I press People. Why is this?

I can only think that some are saved differently...but I can't find an option for saving my contacts in different ways.

My old phone gave the option of saving to the SIM card or to the phone...this Aria either doesn't have that feature, or doesn't want me to find it....or perhaps it is just too "smart" for me...who knows??

Any help with this irritating little problem would be greatly appreciated!!

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

I will double check the dialer search on an HTC Aria when I get access to one tonight.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

Okay. I couldn't get the dialer to search for the company name on an HTC Aria. It would search by any part of the name, first or last. I did have luck with the search button once I changed the settings. Settings > search > phone section > searchable items > cleared almost every checkmark except contacts and voice search history.

I do use the "Groups" section of the People app more than search. I created groups based on how I need to relate to different contacts. There is Family of course, Friends. However I do have to deal with a company that is spread over a large area. Employees are split into their divisions per the company organization. Suppliers are in a different section. You could have endless groups breaking down as needed to help organize the contacts.

If you use exchange email and contacts, that could be another level of detail from your personal information.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

If you registered your google account on your droid then all your contacts are safe on goggles servers.
If you got a replacement android phone your contacts will be restored.
A quick way to check if your contacts are stored is to log in to your gmail account and on the left hand side there is a link for contacts. check if theyre there.

Check more from: {commercial link removed}

• 

4.4K Messages

11 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.