Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 21, 2011
8:38:29 AM
Samsung infuse undocumeted icon in alert area,

Hi,

I just bought this device and after using it for a few days now, there is an undocumeted icon in the alert area.

It looks like an orange or red arrow pointing down at a small rectangular box,

Can anyone tell me what this means?

Thanks,

JD

Hi,

I just bought this device and after using it for a few days now, there is an undocumeted icon in the alert area.

It looks like an orange or red arrow pointing down at a small rectangular box,

Can anyone tell me what this means?

Thanks,

JD

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 21, 2011 10:19:30 PM
(0)
Scholar

That icon sounds very much like the one I see when an application from the market is downloading.  Did you pull down the notification bar to see if there was any text associated with it, or if you could click the Clear button and remove it?

Accepted Solution

Samsung infuse undocumeted icon in alert area,

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2011 10:26:45 AM
(0)
Scholar
  1. Is there anything listed in the pulldown screen that might give a clue?
  2. Do you have any other apps installed running in the background that may display an icon?
  1. Is there anything listed in the pulldown screen that might give a clue?
  2. Do you have any other apps installed running in the background that may display an icon?

Re: Samsung infuse undocumeted icon in alert area,

2 of 8 (2,979 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2011 11:09:50 AM
(0)
Tutor

Yeah, I uninstalled them one at a time and when that was done, I resorted to a factory reset to clear the problem up. Now i just need to reinstall apps.

Yeah, I uninstalled them one at a time and when that was done, I resorted to a factory reset to clear the problem up. Now i just need to reinstall apps.

3 of 8 (2,974 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 21, 2011 10:19:30 PM
(0)
Scholar

That icon sounds very much like the one I see when an application from the market is downloading.  Did you pull down the notification bar to see if there was any text associated with it, or if you could click the Clear button and remove it?

4 of 8 (2,947 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2011 4:13:47 AM
(0)
Tutor

Your right, it was the app download icon, figured this out after I did a factory reset on the phone.

I sure would have been nice if samsung would have documented the icon someplace.

Anyway i spent the night reinstalling each 3rd party app and verifying that everything was ok.

Thanks for all comments.

JD

Your right, it was the app download icon, figured this out after I did a factory reset on the phone.

I sure would have been nice if samsung would have documented the icon someplace.

Anyway i spent the night reinstalling each 3rd party app and verifying that everything was ok.

Thanks for all comments.

JD

5 of 8 (2,941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2011 6:20:14 AM
(0)
Professor

Wait, you did a factory reset because of an icon you didn't recognize? ummm, ok...

Wait, you did a factory reset because of an icon you didn't recognize? ummm, ok...

6 of 8 (2,935 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2011 6:46:15 AM
(0)
Tutor

no, i did a factory reset at the behest of the att tech rep because no one could figure out how to get rid of the dang thing.

I have done some real dumb things, but I would not decide on my own to resort to the reset.Smiley Wink

no, i did a factory reset at the behest of the att tech rep because no one could figure out how to get rid of the dang thing.

I have done some real dumb things, but I would not decide on my own to resort to the reset.Smiley Wink

7 of 8 (2,932 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2011 7:34:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

jdftwrth wrote:

I'm surprised that the rep told you to "reset the phone" when the icon would have disappeared on its own anyway when you pulled down the notification bar. Hmmm...seems a bit harsh.

But oh well. At least you know what it means, now. Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

jdftwrth wrote:

I'm surprised that the rep told you to "reset the phone" when the icon would have disappeared on its own anyway when you pulled down the notification bar. Hmmm...seems a bit harsh.

But oh well. At least you know what it means, now. Smiley Happy

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 8 (2,901 Views)