Samsung infuse undocumeted icon in alert area,

Tutor

Samsung infuse undocumeted icon in alert area,

Hi,

I just bought this device and after using it for a few days now, there is an undocumeted icon in the alert area.

It looks like an orange or red arrow pointing down at a small rectangular box,

Can anyone tell me what this means?

Thanks,

JD

Message 1 of 8 (3,034 Views)
Scholar

Re: Samsung infuse undocumeted icon in alert area,

1. Is there anything listed in the pulldown screen that might give a clue?
  2. Do you have any other apps installed running in the background that may display an icon?
Message 2 of 8 (3,025 Views)
Tutor

Yeah, I uninstalled them one at a time and when that was done, I resorted to a factory reset to clear the problem up. Now i just need to reinstall apps.

Message 3 of 8 (3,020 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar
Solution
Accepted by topic author jdftwrth
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

That icon sounds very much like the one I see when an application from the market is downloading.  Did you pull down the notification bar to see if there was any text associated with it, or if you could click the Clear button and remove it?

Message 4 of 8 (2,993 Views)
Tutor

Your right, it was the app download icon, figured this out after I did a factory reset on the phone.

I sure would have been nice if samsung would have documented the icon someplace.

Anyway i spent the night reinstalling each 3rd party app and verifying that everything was ok.

Thanks for all comments.

JD

Message 5 of 8 (2,987 Views)
Professor

Wait, you did a factory reset because of an icon you didn't recognize? ummm, ok...

Message 6 of 8 (2,981 Views)
Tutor

no, i did a factory reset at the behest of the att tech rep because no one could figure out how to get rid of the dang thing.

I have done some real dumb things, but I would not decide on my own to resort to the reset.Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 8 (2,978 Views)
Master

jdftwrth wrote:

no, i did a factory reset at the behest of the att tech rep because no one could figure out how to get rid of the dang thing.

I have done some real dumb things, but I would not decide on my own to resort to the reset.Smiley Wink

I'm surprised that the rep told you to "reset the phone" when the icon would have disappeared on its own anyway when you pulled down the notification bar. Hmmm...seems a bit harsh.

But oh well. At least you know what it means, now. Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 8 of 8 (2,947 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.