For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
hhg71_340's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, February 2nd, 2014 9:12 PM

Samsung Rugby Pro email not syncing!

I have centurylink(embarq) as an email provider and cant get my email to sync (download from the server) automatically. 

When I go into the email settings there is a Data section which has a green check mark in the Sync Disabled filed.  The field is grayed out and it doesn't aloow me to uncheck that box.  The only way I receive new emails is by opening the application and manually refresh the inbox.

I called centurylink and have their proper Port settings for manually configering my account, here is what I am using.

Incoming Server:  SSL (accept all certificates), port 995

Outgoing Server:  TLS (all certificates). port 587

I called centurylink, AT&T, and Sansung; all to no avail.  I deleted and re-installed my account numerous times, did battery pulls, cleared the email data and cache and re-installed again.

Prior to the Rugby I had several Blackberries and an Iphone and my email inbox was updated at the set schedule, it just doesn't work with Android.

Any help is appreciated!

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, hhg71_340!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty with your centurylink e-mail. It sounds like you've done quite a bit of basic troubleshooting, but we would definitely like to try to help. Please send us a private message by clicking here

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response. 

In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns! 

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Mariana,

Thanks for replying.  I have to say that AT&T was helpful when I called yesterday, the representative even put me on a 3-way call with a Samsung representative. 

The lady from Samsung told me to reset my phone to the out-of-box factory settings.  Although I lost all my customizations I did it today and now my email is working the way it is supposed to, it automatically syncs every 15 minutes.....just the way I set it to do.  Now I have a great phone that works perfectly.

If nothing else, maybe somebody else can learn from my ordeal and I became pretty familiar with a lot of the features of my phone.  Now I just have to figure out how to back up my phone so I still have all the correct settings should the need for a reset arise.

Again, thanks to everybody who helped me out.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.